Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wallpaper!


Our home renovations began when we first bought the house and every room upstairs was wallpapered. Wallpapered not just with one design in each room, but two or three. Yes, the previous owners definitely liked their wallpaper. Below is a corner from the kitchen. The third type of wallpaper in the kitchen was another type of striped design.

So the month before we got married in the summer of 2010 I spent time stripping wallpaper. We tried two or three methods. First, using this cheap tool from Lowe's to put holes in the paper than spray it with wallpaper remover spray. However, after a wall or two, the cheap tool broke. So I just tried using spray. This did not work as well as I hoped. The best option came later, after I had already finished the kitchen, bathroom, and half of the living room: a wallpaper steamer. This was the best method yet.


Above: stripping wallpaper in the kitchen. This was by far the easiest room.


Above: The bathroom was terrible. I had to scrape every square inch of wallpaper off with the putty knife. No fun!

Above: Donna helped me for a few hours in the living room.

So far I have stripped the kitchen, bathroom, master bedroom, living room, and hallway. Left to do: the second bedroom and staircase. Hopefully that'll be finished before summer is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment