After spending hours and even days scraping the wallpaper from every wall in this house, choosing a paint color seemed oh so very important. Our bedroom was the easiest for me. I wanted a beige that would coordinate with our bedding. So Jon and I picked out paint swatches, weeded out the ones that were too dark, light, or green. Then we went to Macy's and compared the color samples to our bedding and went with "Oatbran." It's a shame they did not come up with a better name.

When it came to painting the living room and hallway, I knew that I wanted a light brown that would go well with a white trim. I decided on going with a paint family I knew I liked and chose the lighter color on Oatbran's paint strip - "Woodrow Wilson Putty." So far these two rooms are my favorite colors.
My least favorite color hands down is the kitchen. I do not know why I felt so convinced that I wanted the kitchen a light blue, but I did. So it's a robin egg blue. Not my proudest moment. About 3 months after it was painted I realized I had made a very bad choice. Jon says we need to wait until the rest of the house is finished before we begin fixing our mistakes. He also claims he likes it. I think he just likes that the work is done on it.
In the bathroom I just painted the walls white. What other color would go with the pink tile and blue sink, tub, and toilet?
The most recent room I painted was the second bedroom. Currently it serves as our office but when the basement is finished it will be a bedroom. I really wanted a deep green, but soon realized the room was too small and I was not daring enough. So I went with a color inspired by a room on younghouselove.com - "Celery Sticks" by Glidden. I picked up the paint swatch from Home Depot and had Lowe's color match it. We like the quality of Lowe's paint and the store is conveniently located 5 minutes away in case we need to pick up more paint. I am pleased with how the color looks next to the newly painted trim and windows (which are white). Now for choosing fabric for the curtains and little stool I am putting together for the room.
Currently I am mulling over what colors to choose for the basement spaces. I'm thinking a warmer color for the laundry room and perhaps a cool light gray or something similar for the basement. All hypothetical. I'll concentrate more on the choices when the drywall is being installed.
No comments:
Post a Comment