Saturday, January 21, 2012

Drywall!

Having drywall up makes the basement seem like a different place! Jon initially started the drywall task with my wonderful laundry chute closet - which I have gladly been using for the past several weeks. Since this photo he has added a ledge to catch the laundry about 3 feet from the ground as well as a shelf on the wall to hold extra supplies. 

 Jon enlisted the help of his dad and his brother, Dan, to help work on the drywall. It took a lot longer than he thought to install, but he is very glad to now be working on the spackeling. Here is the few from the bottom of the steps looking into the "office" and bathroom. You can almost see the soffit towards the left on the ceiling.


 The family room portion (Ok, so Jon hadn't quite finished hanging in here...it's done now, though!).

The laundry room:

 Jon installed a small heater for me in the laundry room. I'm excited for heat!


 Our recessed lights. For the time being Jon has regular (cheap) light bulbs in there until we finish off the lights. 

The magic maker in action!
I'm getting really excited about having the basement finished. Yesterday I ordered the carpet so now I need to settle on a paint choice before Jon finishes sanding and priming. Lots of decisions!

1 comment: