Thursday, March 29, 2012

Painting the Basement

The past month has been a busy one for Jon and the basement now looks almost ready to live in. Once again I have the easy job: choose the paint colors. However, I also had to decide on the carpet for the living area which took a good few weeks. I ultimately decided on a darker brown, which I will have to show you after it is installed. For the walls a light, warm tan was chosen. The name of the paint, "Tempered Gray," is decieving since it definitely is more brown than gray. Nevertheless, I think I like it. It is difficult to portray colors through pictures, but here are some pictures of the basement walls.



 I decided to paint the trim a bright white:

Here you can really see the recessed lighting we installed a few months ago:
 The color next to the fireplace.

After the first coat of paint, Jon decided it would be best to replace the windows in the living room area and in the laundry room before progressing any further. Omar and Jon tackled that project on a Saturday afternoon. It's amazing how much of an improvement the new windows are!

In the laundry room I wanted a cooler color while keeping it light. So I went with a color called "Bay Waves." You really cannot tell from the picture below. It has a blue hue.


So now our goal will be to do the trim, frame out the windows, finish installing the doors, paint the doors, install the carpet, frame out the post at the bottom of the steps, tile the laundry room floor, and I'm sure more.

2 comments: