Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ellie Meets Her Doctor and Starts Working

On Wednesday morning Mimi came over and watched Ellie while I showered and prepared to head out for Ellie's first doctor's appointment. While they waited, Mimi gave Ellie her first piano lesson:

heading to the doctor's office
ready for her checkup!
Our time at the doctor was fairly uneventful. Dr. Lavin says that she's looking great, which was good to hear. Here are the stats I remember: 

Weight: 6 lbs (10th percentile)
Height: 19 1/2 inches (25th percentile)
Head circumference: 10th percentile (I forget what it measured...)

So we have a little peanut on our hands! When she left the hospital she was down to 5lb 13 oz, so it was good to see that she is gaining weight and nearing her birth weight. They say that babies should be back to their birth weight after a week or two. I really don't know how we'll know if she is, but we'll see her progress when we go for our next appointment on September 25th. 
After our appointment Mimi took us back home and Ellie and I ate some lunch. Then I decided to dress her in a pink outfit and take a few photos for her birth announcement. Below is one you've probably already seen. She did great, looking very natural with her poses. 

Jon came home and ate some lunch and we decided that today would be a good day to take Ellie into the office. A few of Jon's coworkers had requested Ellie come in sometime during the week or next to sit in a couple products to see how a "premie" baby would fit. Since I was already showered and Ellie was dressed and ready to go, we decided to make our appearance. 
Well we made quite a stir at Iron Mountains! A handful of engineers were around as Jon moved her from her car seat to the first test object: a rocking basinet. After sitting in there for a bit Jon moved her to a new car seat they are creating that will work from newborn all the way to age 9 - or whenever they can finally get out of car seats. They have apparently been working on it for two years or so. Crazy! We were probably at IM for about thirty minutes. Mr. Saint made sure that Jon did not pressure me into coming (he asked me twice to make sure!). Well, let's just say it was well worth Ellie's time because Jon brought home her first pay check: $30! Time to opening a savings account for the stinker. 
Jon walking Ellie back to test the products.
After our adventure at IM Ellie and I went home and called Mom-mom. She had asked when we wold be home so I told her we would be around all afternoon. She stopped by and told us a bit about Aunt Verna and Pops as babies. Dad was 2 weeks early and weighed even less than Ellie - under 6 lbs! Mommom was very flattering about Ellie saying she just might be the cutest baby she's ever seen - and she's seen a lot of babies! I can't help but agree. She also gave us a loaf of bread and some chicken noodle soup, which was very generous. 
Mommom advised me to make sure to rest up and not push myself too hard, so Ellie and I took her advice and took a rest before Carly and her kids came to say hello. Carly brought their bikes and riding toys which allowed them to play outside a bit. Before going outside, Jay tried out the Leaf: 
 Carly and I sat in the sunroom while the girls rode their bikes and Jay sat at the end of the sidewalk, to afraid to go down the step to walk around. Carly and the kids headed out when our next guest came to see Ellie: Ginner Saint. While we were at IM Ginner asked if she could stop by after work and hold Ellie a spell since she was busy "working" during the afternoon. She gave Ellie some adorable pink onesies and socks, held her for a bit while Jon washed the car. Then we headed over to Mimi and Pop's for dinner.
Jon getting his Ellie time 
Kelsey wanted Ellie to play with this toy. She's showing her how it's done.
It was fun to have dinner with the gang and spend more time with everyone. Jon and I went home relatively early since we never know what our nights will hold! 

Below are some pictures of Ellie. 
No more pictures, please!


Story time with Daddy

2 comments:

  1. I was going to ask if she takes a paci but the pictures show that I guess she does! She definitely has piano hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was a busy day!! She is such a cutie--Mommom is absolutely right!!! :)

    ReplyDelete