Friday, August 31, 2012

Church, Citizenship, and Cleanliness

Halfway through the week Jon said that he wanted to go to church as a family and I agreed. I asked if we could set the goal of attending first service so that if we run too late we can always go to second service. Well fortunately we arrived to the church building on time, we were just close to 10 minutes late walking into the service since people wanted to meet Ellie. We sat in the very back row (which is reserved for handicapped people...granted, I felt pretty handicapped!) and Ellie didn't make a peep until almost 10:00. She was due for a feeding so Jon brought her to the nursing room for me and we nursed and changed her diaper by the time first service let out. It was a lot of fun to be able to attend church and then to introduce everyone to little Ellie! She met quite a few of our family friends and everyone seemed surprised to see us there!
After church we went to Mom and Dad's to say goodbye to the Brust cousins. I still can't believe Carly drove all the way out to see us! THANK YOU!
Well I was tired when we got home so I took a nap while Jon hung out with Ellie and heated up leftovers for lunch. Then Ellie and I laid down for a bit longer before our next event: a 31 Party hosted by my friend, Elisha. We arrived about 20 minutes late and walked in right during the presentation! It was fun to see some of my friends, most of whom I hadn't had the opportunity to talk to at church. And Katie Estes had Wyeth there, who is 11 weeks old. Boy it was crazy to see how much they grow in 11 weeks! Ellie and I stayed at the party for about an hour before heading home. I had convinced Jon to let me attend if I would a) leave if I didn't feel well, b) stay only an hour, and c) not purchase anything. So I was once of those guests that no host wants, but it was nice to get out and see people!
After a brief rest in bed, Jon, Ellie, and I packed back up and went to evening prayer. The Uganda and Rwanda team were presenting, so it was well worth the effort. After church Doug and Donna had us over for dinner along with Mom-mom, Grandma Mountz, and Mom & Dad. She wanted to celebrate Ellie's birth and have another toast that Mom and Dad could be at, which was very sweet.

Monday was a fairly uneventful day. I can say this because the only events I actually remember is picking up the mail and giving Ellie her first bath that evening. In the mail Ellie received her birth certificate - she is official!
My view every day

Birth certificate! 
Touch down!
Hanging out with Daddy
Reading up on the new dishwasher
Ellie did really well for her bath and only cried through a bit of it - less than half, for sure.  I think she liked being clean!



Post-bath shot
Sleeping using her blanket from Aunt Brittany
Giving a bath to the little peanut was a lot of fun. She's a trooper!

I'm not even sure what we did on Tuesday, once again, besides the evening. In the evening we had small group, so Ellie attended her first small group event. We were outside for the most part at the Wilson's. Jon was nervous that she would get bitten by mosquitoes so he ended up holding her most of the time we were outside. When we moved inside the ladies all took turns holding her and I didn't even touch her from the time we got there at 7 until 9:30 when she was getting hungry. We didn't get home until shortly after 10 so it was a late night for baby! She didn't seem to notice.

1 comment:

  1. Yay you are doing so good at being current with your blog! I LOVE IT!!! I can't believe how busy your day was Sunday! What a trooper!

    I can't believe Ellie's bath videos. Babies hate being cold (obviously) and she tolerated it so well! I was so impressed. That is super unusual for a baby not to scream through a bath when they are still so young. It least, in my experience. I felt like I was always giving baths with whole towels/wet warm wash cloths on them. ha.

    I love the blanket from aunt Brittany! She looks snug as a bug in that pic!

    ReplyDelete