After our busy Monday I took Tuesday to recover. I spent a lot of time researching and planning my menu and other desserts I'm going to be making over the weekend. Ellie took a nice nap in the morning and early afternoon. My first piano lesson cancelled so we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house at 4:00. Grandma was teaching a piano lesson so Grandpa took care of Ellie while she finished up. I taught Dr. Kane but during his lesson his son hurt his head playing hockey in their basement so I was able to go home early. Ellie behaved for Grandpa: he said he took her to the bedroom and hung out on the bed chatting and whatnot.
Ellie and I headed home and I did some of my Bible Study homework until it was time to take Ellie to the Fenton's. Jon and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day early since our weekend was shaping up to be busy. Since Jon loves Mexican food and I just had my choice of restaurant for my birthday, I suggested that we go to Taqueria El Carreton.
The restaurant was empty and we had a quiet, relaxing dinner just the two of us. We ordered tacos, five seasoned pork and five roast pork, and chips and salsa. Jon prefers the seasoned ones and I like the roast ones. They only carry the authentic homemade Mexican drinks on the weekend so we had some Mexican soda. After dinner we stopped by Peter and Brittany's house since Peter was trying to replace their kitchen faucet and ran into some trouble.
We picked up Ellie after being away three hours. Thank you, Kelly, for watching her! I can relax when I know she's in good hands. She woke up when we transfered her into the car seat and had trouble getting back to sleep at home. Jon fed her a bottle that Kelly had heated up but Ellie had refused earlier and then put her to sleep. She was so tired but didn't want to fall asleep in her crib so Jon held her until she was snoozing away. She's spoiled!
I'm hoping that Ellie is growing because she woke up every two hours last night. A few times I tried to put her back to sleep but she wanted to nurse. It made for a long night! Jon went running and I woke up when he was all ready for work and eating breakfast.
Ellie slept while I prepared for Precepts and we made it to church just in time for class. Ellie hadn't eaten breakfast yet (nursed) so I kept her with me until after she was finished eating. She survived the rest of the class in the childcare then we headed home for her nap.
During naptime I ordered my shopping list by rows and figured out what I wanted to purchase from the craft store. I called two places and the second place had the items I needed. When Ellie woke up I packed her up and headed to Michael's in Pottstown after she ate. I purchased more items than I intended (I've been needing another muffin pan and it seemed like a good price!) and was home in under two hours. Ellie was seeming tired and I didn't want to push her and go straight to the grocery store. She napped but I think was woken up early by a loud truck at the intersection because it was only thirty minutes later. I should have turned on the sound machine.
When she woke up I quickly went to the grocery store for the items. It took about an hour and Ellie was tired because she cried the entire way home. Fortunately it was not a wailing but I still felt pressure and I was behind a car driving ten under the speed limit. Why does that always seem to happen when Ellie is crying?
Ellie seemed to cheer up when she was out of her carseat. I emptied the groceries and carried her around while picking up the house. I cleaned the bathroom while she hung out in the living room but she soon sounded cranky. Since she woke up so much last night I went ahead and fed her again before putting her down for another nap.
Jon had to work late for the third night in a row. He came home earlier than the other nights, which was nice; around six thirty. We had a pathetic meal of chicken strips since I didn't want to push my time limit and put together a salad like I had envisioned when I purchased them. Oh well. Jon didn't seem to mind.
Ellie was still sleeping when it was time to leave for Bible Study so I made her a bottle and carpooled with Tara. I forgot my phone at home so I hoped Jon wouldn't have any type of emergency.
Jon missed probably three quarters of his prayer group that he was hosting since he had to take care of Ellie. Next week he is leading the prayer time so Ellie will be coming with me. When I came home Ellie had just finished her bottle so I put her to bed.
Sorry, no pictures! Lame, I know.
Ellieisms:
Ellie really likes Kelly. She always smiles really big for her.
I use a baby-bullet to make Ellie's baby food. Whenever I turn it on to chop up the food Ellie's eyes get really big and her entire body shakes. If she's tired she will burst out crying.
Wait, I am confused, how did you celebrate Valentine's day?! I bet Ellie is going through a growth spurt, any teeth on the horizon?
ReplyDeletehaha your story about the baby-bullet made me laugh out loud
ReplyDelete