Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mimi & Pops Come Home & Happy Birthday, Haley!

Saturday morning Jon planned to help Peter install a faucet in his kitchen sink. Peter had attempted the feat himself but had realized some valves were leaking and needed replacing. On Tuesday evening Jon had looked at the valves and agreed with Peter along with some other pipes that needed fixing. So at 8:45 Jon left to spend the morning in Birdsboro. 
I wanted Ellie to sleep as long as possible since she was recovering from her sick Thursday. Having missed the gym on Friday I toyed with the idea of going for a class but decided against it. A holiday weekend always produces nice sales and Ellie needs clothes the next size up (9 months) so we prepared to go to the outlets after her morning nap. We packed up and went out to the car and I realized that I had somehow locked the keys in the car. Plan B. 
Calling Jon I told him about the keys and he said he would bring his set over to unlock the car when there was a lull in their project. It was nearing 1:00 and the end was not in sight. In fact, he would probably be helping all day. Mom and dad had arrived in Elverson at this point so I encouraged him to find an excuse to come home as soon as possible so I could hear some stories! 
Ellie and I headed over to Elverson around 3:00. Mimi and Pops shared stores and pictures from their trip. It really made me miss Corinne! I am so glad that Mom and Dad were able to visit her, though. Kelly, Josh, and Clark were also there and Mimi gave us our gifts. Ellie loves her stuffed elephant.
We had scheduled a game night with Doug, Donna, Peter and Brittany at Donna's but the project and Peter's was getting bigger and more complicated so we pushed the game night to Sunday evening. Ellie and I headed home but later decided to stop by and inspect the boys' work. It was quite a project! We went to bed before Jon came home since we had church in the morning. 
Sunday morning Jon got Ellie ready for church as usual. I pick out her outfit for him and he does the rest. It's a good arrangement, in my opinion. Somehow I still caused us to be a few minutes late to church. 
Jon and I came home, ate lunch, then took solid naps. I slept whenever Ellie was asleep and Jon slept over two hours. He must have been really sleeping because he didn't hear Ellie crying at all. We headed to evening church which was a communion service. Kelly sung a solo and also played a few pieces on her violin. We went to Doug and Donna's for the game night afterwards. 
For Valentine's Day Donna had received Ticket to Ride: Europe. Ticket to Ride has a few variations and I enjoyed both I have played. It's less involved than Settlers but it's still a lot of fun. What also made it even better was I came in first and Jon was a close second. Ellie fell asleep a few minutes into the game and slept until Jon brought her down for us to go home. 
Today was Haley's second birthday -- I can't believe it has been two years since Pops, Kelly (pregnant with Clark) and I drove through the night to see her! And we arrived before she was born. We love you, Haley!
Our first picture together!


I'd thought I'd add one with Aunt Rin


I like this one. Perhaps it's Kelsey's bottom right next to her cute face.




Ellieisms: 
When I feed Ellie sweet potatoes she completely overreacts and spits it out and gags. I put it on her hands and gave her the spoon in hopes that she would get some of it in her mouth voluntarily. 
Ellie seems healthy again!
I wonder if Ellie is teething because she drools enough that I sometimes change her clothes. Before I would keep her in the same outfit for bed but now I definitely change her outfit and onesie before bed so she can go to sleep dry. 
In honor of Haley's birthday Ellie woke up and had a bloody nose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment