Sunday, February 24, 2013

Our Weekend

Friday morning Ellie and I went to the gym after Jon left for work. We then went home for her nap while I put together the grocery list and picked up the house. We ate lunch and I put her down before I taught my afternoon piano lesson. I had plans to go to the grocery store when Ellie woke up from her nap but she kept sleeping for close to three hours. Two hours into the nap I decided to make some cookies for dinner tonight. Jon came home from work and we went out for dinner at DiAddezio's. We picked up pizza on the way. Nelah shared the video from Christmas morning when the kids opened their big gift, a Wii, and Joseph said "It's from Jon and Kim Mountz!" Apparently they thought it was from us because they had played our Kinect several weeks prior. After dinner hung around and Ellie fell asleep on their bed.
Saturday morning Peter came over to help Jon tile the shower to "repay" him for the work done at his place last week. Peter cut the tiles while Jon installed them. They stopped for lunch and I made sandwiches and a Mexican chip dip. They worked until the tiles were installed all the way to the ceiling - it is very exciting! The goal is to be finished in time for my college friends who are coming to visit March 10. I'll have to keep you posted.
Peter went home at 4:00 and then Peter, Brittany, and Omar came over for dinner. I made a salad, baked potatoes, and Jon grilled chicken. We had leftover cookies for dessert. The boys played a few rounds of FIFA while Brittany worked on cutting out a pattern for a new bag she's making for her sister and I worked on another 9x13 I was etching for Nelah.
Sunday morning we had to be at church relatively early since we were praying in the service. Ryan Estes was leading worship and Jon wrote up a prayer for us to pray. I really need to work on sleep training Ellie because she is digressing and doing worse and worse with sleeping through the night, or so it seems. She doesn't stop crying when I pick her up or if I pat her bottom or if I just let her go. She just wants to nurse. Kelly's given me some pep talks and I'm going to read the books again to refresh my memory and hopefully will have this thing tackled in the next week and a half before my friends come!
Anyway, Ellie did not sleep at all at church while she was in nursery so she was pooped when we went home. She fell asleep in the car and Jon transfered her to the crib. Jon and I ate lunch and laid down for a nap. When I was almost asleep Ellie woke up. Jon graciously took her for a couple hours while I slept and then we swapped places. It worked out.
We ended up needing to wake Ellie up to get to church on time for prayer. Dad led and we went home right afterwards. She was very hungry when we got home so I shoveled some pears into her mouth while she fussed and then nursed her and put her to bed. I'm hoping that a full stomach will help her sleep better. On that note, I'm going to head to bed. It could be a long night.

Ellieisms:
Ellie refuses the pacifier and I've tried all three types that I have here. She sometimes tries to suck on her thumb but it never lasts long.

Sorry about the lack of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment