The Brusts came to town while we were on vacation and Carly and the kids were still around when we arrived home on Saturday. We didn't come back until the evening so we unpacked the car and I got busy working on the quilt for Corinne's shower. Sunday morning I was playing for worship so Jon was in charge of bringing Ellie to church.
 |
| The quilt took up the entire living room |
Following church we went home for lunch and naps. When Ellie woke up I took her to Mimi's pool where the Brusts, Freys, and Mimi were swimming. The water was so warm and the air so hot that I actually got in the pool (usually I consider sitting next to the pool as swimming). We were there an hour or two before we had to head to church. Jon and I were in charge of Pre-K and Kindergarten which meant that we had Calla and Kelsey in our class! It had been storming when we first arrived but we decided to risk going to the playground. Once we made the slow journey down to the park it started raining. We stood under the Community building roof playing a game until it slowed down then we headed back to the classroom. Jon told the kids to be on the lookout for a rainbow but we didn't see any while we were outside until kids were being picked up from the classroom and Jon saw a huge rainbow out the window! We went outside to get a better look.
Monday I spent the majority of the day on Corinne's quilt face. I realize I'm unrealistically optimistic about my abilities when I told Deb Saint I would meet up with her on Tuesday. Tuesday evening I really wanted to finish the face of Corinne's quilt. Jon went to bed at midnight and I showed him my work before he went to sleep. As I looked at the quilt I realized I had pieced together the entire middle two rows completely wrong. I spent the next ninety minutes ripping seems. Although I kind of wanted to cry I decided to just laugh and learn to be more meticulous with the planning process.
 |
| Playing with Cameron Grosso. She likes Duplos! |
Due to the setback with the quilt face I spent all day Tuesday sewing. Wednesday morning I stopped by Mom's house to say hi to the Canche's and everyone was going to the outlets. I decided to tag along and help watch the kids since the sisters needed to find dresses to wear to Corinne's wedding. Everyone left empty handed but I think good ideas were discovered. Later in the afternoon I went over to Deb Saint's house and we finished sandwiching the quilt and I started sewing.
 |
| Babies ganging up on Jay |
 |
Calla liked how Ellie's stroller could be adjusted so it was perfect for her to push |
 |
| These two are trouble. They are sharing with Tigger. |
Thursday I spent the entire day at Deb's working on sewing but Ellie was not behaving. She took a really short nap and was just clingy. Finally Deb said that Ellie would probably do better at home so I took Ellie and all of Deb's equipment (brave soul letting me borrow it) home and worked until dinner at Grandma's house. We ate and then went to the airport to welcome Corinne home.
 |
| They would steal this weird toy from each other |
 |
Ellie doesn't get TV yet. I love how Hannah is lounging on the basket in front of the TV |
Katelyn and Carly and their kids drove in Carly's van and Mom, Dad, Caleb, Ellie and I drove in Dad's van. We arrived in plenty of time and waited for about twenty minutes before we spotted Corinne coming through the doors (this was after a few false alarms). Tears were shed and babies were introduced. It was so exciting to have Corinne home!
 |
| Part of the welcoming committee |
 |
| Being patriotic. Welcome to the USA. |
 |
| Keeping these two in line is like herding cats. |
 |
| Showing off their new dresses from Aunt Corinne |
After I returned from the airport I spent a few more hours on the quilt (midnight until 3:00). Friday morning I was up at 9:00 and quilted until 3:00. Deb Saint came over then and we cut off the excess and sewed on the binding. I proceeded to hand-stitch the binding from 5:30-7:30.
 |
| Sewing on the binding |
Dad turned 60 on July 5th. Kelly and I were both on our family vacations with our husbands' families and Corinne and Katelyn were out of town so we waited to celebrate his birthday until the following Friday, July 12th. All the "originals" went to eat at the Golf Club. It was a really enjoyable dinner in our own private room. We decided to eat at 8:00 so that the kids would already be in bed (Ellie did not quite behave...). We presented Dad with his big surprise gift - a trip to Israel in March. I hope it's a good trip!
 |
| Dad's other gift - a painting by Caleb |
 |
| Opening his "other" gift option |
Dinner ended and I was back home around 11:15. I spent from 11:30 until 3:00 closing up the binding. I finished the binding before bed and fell asleep with a feeling of relief.
Elliesms:
Ellie will crawl up to the piano and try to climb onto the bench and fail. She then fusses until I come and put her on the bench to play the piano. She'll play until I get bored and distract her with something else.
Ellie started crawling like a typical baby this week. I think she saw Emily and Hannah crawling and realized there is an easier way than the army crawl.
 |
| Tickling the ivories. |
 |
When she needed a break while I was quilting I put her in the kitchen sink for a bath |
No comments:
Post a Comment