Saturday, July 20, 2013

Corinne's Shower

Saturday morning I spent sewing on the label to Corinne's quilt and taking it over to Deb's house to fix a couple runs that I had made a mistake on earlier and hadn't realized. Jon graciously took care of Ellie so I could focus on finishing up and getting over to Mom's house for the big event.
We decided to host a "surprise" bridal shower by just not telling Corinne about it. She asked Mom point blank what time her shower would be on Saturday so we knew she knew about it but Mom let her be in the dark until the big day. Our theme was "black&white." I was in charge of invitations, balloons, pasta salad, and praying. It worked out that the hardest part of all that was the invitations (I would not recommend printing your own unless you love spending hours with your printer) so the party was relaxing once it began. About two dozen people were in attendance and I think Corinne enjoyed herself.
Mom-mom participating in the party games
All dressed in black and white
Opened her gift





Jon took care of Ellie while I was at the shower (helping set up, enjoying the shower, then debriefing) from 10:30 until 4:30. Ellie was sick with a snotty nose/head cold and was fussing so Jon put her in the backpack and proceeded to clean the house. He organized the junk drawer, picked up our bedroom, vacuumed, washed the dishes, organized his desk area, and was folding clothes when I came home. I should leave him with a sick baby more often! I took a nap then headed back to Mimi's house for a little lingerie shower we had for Corinne while the sisters were in town. 

The twins got to join us for the lingerie shower.





Sunday morning we went to first service and I had second service hall monitor duty. Ellie was crying in nursery and I didn't even want to try to put her to sleep at church (we've been unsuccessful these last few months) so I took Ellie to Mimi and Pop's house and left Jon doing hall monitor duty (he's a gem). She took an hour nap and woke up right before everyone came back from church. Jon walked to his parents house for lunch while Ellie and I spent lunch with the Brusts, Canches, and everyone else at Mimi's. We left as Ellie began cranky and everyone was trying to get into the minivan to head home to Chicago. It was sad to see them leave but exciting since we will see them at Daniel and Corinne's wedding!
Monday morning Mimi, Corinne, Ellie and I went wedding dress shopping. We stopped by Eagle Formalwear the other day (Mom and I, before Corinne was home) and they had a few good options. Corinne tried one on and really liked it but we wanted to make sure so we went to David's Bridal in Delaware. Ellie was a champ and even crawled up her first step while Corinne was trying on dresses. Corinne found a few she liked but decided that she should wait and try on the one at Eagle again. We ended up taking that dress home with us (she bought it, we didn't steal it) and determined the day was successful.
I had to rush home but I made it in time for my 5:00 piano lesson. At 5:30 Jon came home and we packed up the car and headed to French Creek to picnic with Jon's running buddies and their families. It was Mark DiAddezio, Rob Hamm, and another guy with their wives and kids. We grilled burgers and hot dogs and Jon and I brought brownies and ice cream. We went for a walk around the lake after dinner and Jon and I headed out early since Ellie was starting to fuss after her napless day.

Ellieisms:
Ellie loves Mimi's baby bouncer chair. Just a few months late, but she loves it now.
Lounging
Ellie stopped nursing on Monday. She just stopped, refused, cried until I brought her a bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment