Monday, July 1, 2013

A Week in a Post

I have decided to just give a brief overview of Ellie's accomplishments this past week and just bring us back up to date without all the details. I have never been good at keeping things brief so we'll see how it goes...
Ellie has still been doing her army crawl. She starts off in the correct crawling position but as soon as she starts moving she's back down on her belly. When I only have her in a diaper her belly gets rug burn.
Wednesday afternoon during a piano lesson I went in to get Ellie from her crib after she had woken up and she was sitting up in her crib. So she has finally figured out how to get from laying down to sitting up! In the evening Jon stayed home with Ellie while I went to my women's Bible study at Brittany's house. I had put her down in bed before I left but she hadn't stayed asleep. While he hung out with her and tried to put her to sleep he taught her how to stand up in her crib. I don't think it was deliberate because he had been helping her stand up near the coffee table earlier and wanted to see if she could stand up holding onto the railing in her crib. Well now she knows how to pull herself up and putting her to sleep is not as easy as it used to be because she doesn't know how to get back down!
Friday afternoon Clark came and hung out with us while Kelly went to Luke's wedding rehearsal. I enjoy having Clark hang out with us because a) he's very laid back and b) Ellie loves watching him. She definitely does not know that he is older because he will be playing with a toy and Ellie will crawl right up to it and take over. Clark is very patient and accommodating because generally he just walks away and finds something new to play with.
Saturday morning Cat Baskin came and hung out with Ellie and I while Jon was at his soccer game. Our day was pretty busy because Jon arrived right after Cat left and then we had to get ready for Luke and Marianne's wedding. Grandpa and Grandma offered to watch Ellie during the ceremony. Katie and Mark were also dropping off Wyeth so the two "cousins" hung out with their great grandparents for an hour and a half. Grandpa said that they got along wonderfully. When we walked in I sat down on a chair and Wyeth came and crawled right up into my lap! He smiled up at me as if he knew me.
An almost two hour window was scheduled between the wedding and ceremony which was wonderful for our situation. Paul and Sarah Rus offered to keep Ellie during the reception. We took her to their house and set up the pack'n'play. I proceeded to put her down for a nap, which took close to thirty minutes due to the new environment. I gave a few instructions and we were on our way, arriving at the reception three minutes before it began. It worked out wonderfully.
Luke and Marianne's wedding was very nice! Marianne looked beautiful and Luke was beaming. Kelly, Mom, and Matt Lambert sounded great with the music and Jere Scott did a wonderful job on the ceremony. Makes me excited for Corinne and Daniel's wedding!
A few pictures from the wedding:





No comments:

Post a Comment