Wednesday we hung out with the Brusts. For lunch we celebrated Kelsey's 4th birthday. I can't believe she's four! Carly made some delicious chicken salad and Kelly, Maya, Clark, Grandpa, and Grandma joined us for the festivities. The favorite gifts included a cash register and cut-able fruit from Mimi - all the kids were scrambling to play with them. When the cash register was on the floor Ellie would army-crawl her way over to it and bang away on the keys. I had to keep the coins away from her because she would pop them right into her mouth.
We went home for some piano lessons and then dinner. Jon went to his prayer group while Ellie and I hung out at home because she was tired and ready for bed by 6:30.
Thursday morning Grandma invited us all over for breakfast. I had a piano student at 9:00 so we were a bit late, showing up after the piano lesson and Ellie's first nap. Grandpa and Grandma have a wonderful porch out back that we all sat on and enjoyed some mid-morning popsicles. They also have kid-sized chairs which the cousins loved sitting on.
 |
| Enjoying Grandpa's deck |
 |
| Trying to get a good picture |
 |
| Another attempt |
 |
| And again... |
 |
| Sitting on their chairs |
 |
| Cousins! |
 |
| Kelsey wanted to hold "your baby" |
 |
| Calla wanted in on the fun |
 |
| Coloring |
 |
| Grandma and Maya |
In the afternoon I'm pretty sure we swam. In the evening Jon and I had small group. I think I might just skip forward to...
Grandpa's 80th birthday!
On Friday Grandpa turned 80. On Saturday we celebrated his birthday with my cousins and family members. In the morning Jon had a soccer game so Ellie and I walked from Mimi's house to the field (Livingood) to watch it. Carly and her kids joined us soon after it began. Carly and I enjoyed ice-cold Toddys - they are worth every penny of the $2.65.
Grandpa's party started at 12:00. He and Grandma were very prompt along with his brother and his wife. We pulled into the driveway at 11:59 and they were already inside chatting it up. We had dinner, gifts, and then swam. Jon really wanted to swim with Ellie and after she had been sleeping two hours I finally allowed him to go wake her up so that he could take her into the pool. She seemed to really enjoy the big pool. Jon played with her until she became sick of the floating toys then I hung out with her near the baby pool while Jon played with Calla and Kelsey.
After the party Jon went home and did yard work while the rest of us went up to Elverson Day. Ellie rode a pony (it didn't go anywhere), got her face painted, and ate ice cream and french fries. She was tired by the time the fireworks began but didn't seem fazed by the noise, and it was loud!
Ellieisms: Ellie has mastered "so big!" Mimi and Pops probably don't believe me because last night she refused to perform...
No comments:
Post a Comment