Since Ellie woke up after I fed her so Jon's day of taking care of Ellie started early. He started off by trying to figure out what to dress her and decided on the outfit from Rachel. They held a crawling practice and he said she progressed well. Soccer began at 8:45 so he arrived early enough to set up the stroller and hand her off to Omar. Omar watched her during the first half (thirty-five minutes) and during halftime Hannah Kurtz offered to watch her the second half. Jon's team won 4-2. Jon and Ellie hung around the park for the second game with Josh and Clark but left at halftime.
Ellie was pooped and feel asleep on the way home. Jon took joy when she woke up when they arrived home but then fell asleep again in his arms. Once he transfered her to the crib she slept took a half hour nap.
The duo went to Jon's Dad's for lunch. Ellie was obviously tired after a bit so they went back home and Jon fed her some rice cereal and applesauce. She went down for a nap and slept for two hours and Jon was able to work on the basement floor. When she woke up Ellie supervised his work and played with shims in the middle of the floor.
Once the shims lost their charm Jon sat Ellie in front of him and he would lean over her to lay the new piece of flooring. She loved it! Ellie was grunting and reaching and really "helping" Jon work.
Jon fed Ellie leftover baked mac and cheese for dinner while he also polished off some leftovers. They had a little bit of the floor to finish up and they were able to pull it off before I arrived home at 8:00. Ellie was crying so Jon took her outside and cleaned up his tools and I pulled up and Ellie was red-eyed and tired from her busy day!
While Jon and Ellie had some bonding time I was in charge of leading everyone through the city. We drove to Staten Island and took the Ferry over to the tip of Manhattan. Then we rode the subway up to three blocks from the American Girl Place. We ate lunch, looked around the shop, then walked to the park. We strolled through the zoo and up the mall to the Fountain of Bethseda. Then we went to the Castle Brevedere or something. Anyway, after that we went back to the subway and caught three subways back to the ferry and came home. Thirteen hours and I'm back home.
![]() |
| Lunch |
![]() |
| The castle |
Following church we had a picnic at church that was for all the nursery volunteers. Ellie was tired but didn't go to sleep in the nursery crib so I brought her to the picnic. She fell asleep in her daddy's arms after we had eaten so we hung around until it started raining. I transfered her to the crib when we arrived home and she slept almost three hours. I slept two of those hours and it was marvelous.
Omar came over and hung out with Jon and left before we headed to church. I had nursery with Aunt Verna and Ellie and Wyeth were the only two kids so we had it easy. We took them on a walk to pass the time (in strollers).
After church I fed Ellie then put her to bed. She was overtired so it took a while for her to settle. Jon is in bed now and I'll head that way next.
Elliesms:
Ellie has almost figured out the army crawl. She gets around slowly, though. I tried uploading a picture from my phone but it wasn't cooperating.






No comments:
Post a Comment