Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Busy Saturday

Saturday morning Jon woke up early and had breakfast at the Windmill with his dad before heading to Elverson to help him install walls in the playhouse. Brittany and I met up around 9:00 and went yardsaling at a couple local spots. I bought two wooden chairs. We have a few random extra wooden chairs that are A) ugly and B) uncomfortable. These are at least pretty, the comfort level is tbd.
Jon had his EFC game at 10:15 and the parking lot was packed out when we arrived. We found a spot at the far end of the further parking lot at Livingood and planted ourselves near Poppop and Nana who were coming to watch Jon's team play Omar's team. Grandpa and Grandma showed up soon after and sat next to us for the first 2/3 of the game before leaving for errands. They were there to support Jon, David DeWalt, and Mark Estes (they only new David was playing when they arrived, though). Elisha and Hunter Hall were swinging on the swings so I pushed Ellie for a while towards the end of the second half and she loved it. Caleb came over and held her a bit and she didn't cry at all. Good girl. Stage three of project Love Caleb: complete.
Jon's team tied with Omar's 1-1. Nana asked us over for lunch so I put Ellie down for a nap and she was asleep by the time the Rueben's were ready. Jon helped Doug on the playhouse following lunch and I even hit a few nails before Ellie woke up. She was still half asleep when we came downstairs and Grandma Mountz asked to hold her. I put Ellie on Grandma's lap and she chilled there for several minutes which made Grandma very happy. Then I took Ellie to Lowe's to look at plant options after she woke up.
We swung by Mimi and Pop's pool since the Fentons were there letting Clark swim. I also asked to borrow their backpack so I hung out with them and then grabbed the backpack and headed home when Ellie seemed tired again.
The sun shines right on Ellie's room in the mid-afternoon which really brightens it up even with the beach towels. After I'm finished hand-quilting Ellie's quilt my goal is to make some roman shades. I was unsuccessful in putting Ellie down but I'll blame it on the sawing and chipping coming from the backyard.
Doug, Omar, and Jon were doing some heavy-duty pruning. Doug cut down four trees and pulled out three bushes while Jon and Omar ran the chipper and mulched everything into a pile. I should have taken a before and after picture of the areas but I am thrilled to have them cleared. They helped until 6:00 when they went home for dinner and Turner came over.
He cut down the tree that blocked the lightpost and a big bush
from this center garden
Turner is heading to the Czech Republic in a few weeks and offered to loan himself out for work in exchange for financial support. We decided to take him up on the offer and Jon and Turner edged, trimmed, weeded, and mulched almost half of the flower beds before 8:00. I grilled chicken and made macaroni and cheese and Omar came back over and the four of us ate dinner (Omar and Turner's second dinner, really). Then the boys spent time hanging out in the basement while I relaxed on the couch upstairs. I really should have been quilting, now that I think about it. Next time.

I was going to write about Father's Day but I'm ready for bed.

Crazy Crawler


1 comment:

  1. Ten days behind!!! You are killing me Kimi, what is going on?!?!

    ReplyDelete