Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ellie Army Crawls

Monday morning Ellie woke up in time for me to (finally) make it to the 8:00 yoga class at the gym. Childcare doesn't begin until 9:00 but the instructor told me I could bring her along if she was a well-behaved child. Although I felt as though she was a bit higher-maintenance than usual (she took a boo halfway through class) she received rave reviews from the other attendees, most of them over the age of sixty-five. It was an easy class for the most part but I think I'll try it again. Maybe it'll help my posture.
I took Ellie to Grandpa and Grandma's house since they usually watch her during my 9:15 class. While they watched Ellie I ran to Good's and Shady Maple. I needed quilting thread and Mom-mom told me that Good's would have it, and they did. I picked up a few groceries for me and Grandma at Shady while I was in the area.
The trip kept me out until 11:00 but we still beat Kelly, Clark, and Maya to Grandma's. Caleb and Mom came shortly after the Fentons and Caleb gave us a brief slideshow (130 out of his 3,000 pictures) and dialogue about his time in Italy. He seemed to have had a great time!
Ellie was very ready for a nap after lunch so I took her home and she was out by the time we reached Ammon Road. I transfered her to the crib and prepared the house for my piano lessons. Ellie woke up twenty minutes into the first one and fussed for the next forty minutes until I could give her some attention. I fed her and put her back to sleep and she proceeded to sleep two and a half more hours. During that time I spoke with Lauren Shaffer over Skype (she's engaged, btw) then taught another piano lesson. Lauren asked me to be in her wedding next May - unless she was just pulling my leg. I told her that I'd save my pennies! I would love to be there along with Jon and Ellie since it'll be in the beautiful city of Vienna.
After dinner we had the congregational meeting at church. Ellie behaved in nursery and then lasted while we ate some snacks afterwards. Cream puffs, grapes, and chocolate cookies can all be added to Ellie's list of favorite foods. Jon had put a cookie on his plate and while he was talking to someone Ellie grabbed it right off and took a big bite out of it. You could probably see exactly where Ellie was while she ate, though, from the trail of crumbs.
I put Ellie to bed right when we came home but it took a while for her to settle after the late night (it was after 9:30). She slept right through the night and woke up at 7:30.

Tuesday morning Ellie waved goodbye to Jon when he left for work. We aren't sure if it was on purpose but we'll count it. She was ready for a nap by 9:00. She slept for two and a half hours. I wish I would have known so that I would have capitalized on the free time and cleaned the entire house. Next time I'll be wiser.
After Ellie woke up I did my grocery shopping then came home before her second nap. I fed her lunch and tried to put her down. Fail. She played in the living room for a while then I tried again. Strike two. We worked on crawling for a while and then I finally got her to sleep with a struggle. Goodness that baby. I sometimes think I miss her window but today I was home and ready but it still didn't go smoothly.
I had to wake her up forty-five minutes later to head to piano lessons. Grandpa and Grandma watched Ellie while I taught Carson and ran a couple errands including looking at things for Lauren's wedding at the Dollar Tree. Tonight was our planned "financial meeting" where Jon filed our receipts then we went over how we're doing on our budget. We decided to order Chinese to try to make it more fun. It didn't really work (finances just aren't fun). Ellie likes egg rolls and fried rice - as long as I feed it to her.  She jumped in the Johnny Jump-up while I vacuumed before putting her to bed (which took an hour - stinker). Then I cut a few more napkins from the African fabric. Jon will be happy when it's off the kitchen table.

Ellieisms:
The cart at Walmart didn't have a strap to hold Ellie in. Of course I thought she would be ok, which proved wrong when she banged her little eye somewhere and now has a red mark.
Ellie used to become quickly frustrated with crawling but now she moves around fairly well with her army crawl.
Ellie waving 
The Army Crawl:

No comments:

Post a Comment