We all ate lunch together and I think Clark ate more ketchup than the rest of us combined. He'll forego the fries, too. More for me. Nap time was on the horizon and Mimi had to go grocery shopping so we said goodbye to them.
Ellie napped then we went to East Earl to go to Goodville Fabrics and Shady Maple. I wanted to pick up some supplies for my sewing duties for Corinne's upcoming events (bridesmaid duty) and had heard that Shady Maple was having a sale on chicken drumsticks - $1 a pound. Ellie behaved and did her best to make friends by smiling and flirting with everyone we passed.
We came home and I tried desperately to put Ellie to sleep. I must have missed her window, though, because an hour later I gave up. Jon came home from work and hung out with Ellie while I heated up some leftovers for dinner. Jon has been having a long week at work so we hung out together watching TV after Ellie was in bed. It was nice and relaxing.
Today Ellie and I went to the gym for my class at 9:15. At 10:30 we were at Mimi's putting on our swimsuits to enjoy the ninety degree weather: it felt wonderful! Kelly, Clark, and Maya were also at Mimi's and kept us entertained. Clark and Ellie splashed around in the baby pool for almost an hour before I decided to try to put Ellie down for a nap. Recently she has fought sleep at Mimi's but I put her down in the pack'n'play in the basement and she fell asleep right away and slept for close to two hours. Pools tire a baby out!
Clark rode on the riding toys and splashed around until he found half of a cracker Ellie had been chewing on and he ate it. I decided he must be hungry so we went in for lunch. After lunch the Fentons went home and I waited for Ellie to wake up.
When Ellie woke up Pops was home eating so we said hi then went out to the pool again to go for a swim with Mimi. They sat on the steps for quite a while and then they took a few laps with Ellie in the floating toy.
Ellie and I headed home around 3:00 and I fed her some lunch. After eating she was obviously tired again so I put her down for a nap and she slept almost two hours. While she slept I prepared the drumsticks, made baked mac and cheese, and made a pinterest recipe of brownies. I definitely deleted the recipe because it was terrible.
![]() |
| My friend Rachel sent me this adorable outfit that we got in the mail today! |
| Hanging with Pops Yes, she has a bow |
| Ellie loved watching Clark being busy |
| Heading to market |
| The chef! |
| Giving Clark's big wheel a spin |
| Riding in the grocery cart |
| Clark trying to figure it out... |
Everyone left by 8:00 and I bathed Ellie and put her down for bed. Omar came over and hung out with Jon while I started cutting squares out for napkins. Two down...Eighteen to go (at least for this section of fabric)
Ellieisms:
Ellie definitely "worms" around a bit on the floor. Today I put her down in the living room and I came back and she was two feet away from her starting point.
Pictures from a year ago:
![]() |
| I love this picture. I think it's hilarious. |









1. Love Ellie's new dress
ReplyDelete/. Can't wait to swim at Mimi's w Ellie-bell
3. Loved seeing the pics from a year ago!!!!!!!!!!
WHOA!!! Those beach pics made me so excited for our next vacation! Love, mimi
ReplyDelete