Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Park & Ellie's First Free Cookie

Ellie woke up while Jon was getting ready for work so I woke up and joined Jon at the breakfast table. Although Jon opted for cereal I made some eggs for Ellie and me. Well, I had an egg and an egg white while Ellie had an egg yolk. She ate a few bites so I think I might keep trying them on her.
Following breakfast Ellie and I made my bed, threw away some trash, cleaned up the kitchen, and started my grocery list. She was becoming cranky so I played on the floor to help tire her out a bit more. It must have worked because she took a long morning nap.
Helping make the bed and put away laundry
While Ellie slept I cleaned out and organized my pantry (thanks for the inspiration, Carly & Katelyn) and wiped down the shelves in the refrigerator. When the refrigerator starts to gross me out I know it is time to clean it up. When Ellie woke up I called Donna and set up a time to stop in and see Grandma. We had about an hour so I fed Ellie then hopped in the shower and put Ellie in the tub so she could also get cleaned up. She splashed around until I was ready to go. We made a sandwich for Jon and dropped it off at his office before heading to Elverson.
Grandma Mountz never would hold Ellie because she was afraid her arms would give out and she would drop her. Recently she has gained confidence, though, and asks to hold her. I place Ellie on her lap and she hangs out until she becomes unruly. Today she lasted a while! She gnawed on a book so that helped keep her content. We hung around until she seemed like she was becoming cranky and we headed home.
Ellie's afternoon naps have been a bit brief but I will take whatever I can get! She slept for a little over an hour then we went to Clark's house to go to the park in their development. Clark was all ready when we arrived, with his sneakers and hat. He is such a big kid! I can't believe it. He walked to the park holding the red ball I brought along in his one arm and holding my hand with his free hand. Every time a car would drive by he would stop and stare and exclaim "wow!". I encouraged him to go down the slide a few times but then he was content just putting the ball down the slide. At one point some other people came to the park briefly and Clark just stared. He even lifted his shirt up and put the hem in his mouth while he watched. I wonder if he thought that was the hip thing to do. Clark also helped keep Ellie happy by giving her water and running around.
We remained at the park for a little under an hour. I wanted to get home before Josh arrived back from work so I asked Clark if he wanted to ride in the stroller. He agreed (quietly) but seemed confused and dismayed when I tried to put Ellie on his lap. He relaxed when I squeezed her next to him and pushed them on home.
Clark wanted his hat back on
Jon had to work late and I wanted to keep Ellie awake so we went out to Good's and Shady Maple. Mom told me Good's would probably have cute hats for Ellie and she was correct. I really wanted to purchase a frilly white bonnet but decided Jon would not approve and opted for a pink sun hat for the beach. They also had swimsuits for under $7 but my favorite one did not come in Ellie's size. If you are looking for adorable smocked dresses, you can find some at Good's. They were very pretty but I couldn't make up an excuse to get one.
We stocked up on spices from Shady Maple and grabbed rolls and a donut for Jon for breakfast. The girl at the bakery asked if Ellie was old enough for a cookie. YES. Well, she might only be 9 months old but she can at least eat some of it. Now it will be even harder to avoid buying donuts now that I know they give out free cookies to kids (I still don't know if our Walmart does that, too).
Ellie and I arrived home shortly before Jon and I fed her some applesauce and veggies. I actually bought a baby spinach and kale blend and chopped it up for smoothies for me. I haven't made one smoothie or had any of the green mush it made but Ellie has benefited! She eats anything that I mix with applesauce.
I started dinner but Jon finished it up while I put Ellie down for bed. She had reached her limit by 7:15 (she had woken up from her nap at 3:45) and was fussy. Jon made a yummy stir fry while cleaning up the kitchen while he cooked. He's a good man.
Following dinner we watched some TV and unwound after Jon's long day. Ellie has already woken up once so I hope it's not another eventful night for us.

Ellieisms:
I have begun feeding Ellie in her car seat. Goodbye beautiful, clean seat and hello gross, crummy mess.



Showing off for the strangers





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures of Ellie and Clark! They remind me of Haley and Emily together!

    ReplyDelete