Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy Birthday, Corinne!

Sunday morning Jon and I drove separately to church because of the welcome lunch. Ellie did not sleep during church but I put her down for a nap as the service ended. After I put her down I grabbed Jay and we walked around together since Carly was talking. When I had to go to the welcome lunch I had to hand him off but he didn't want to go. Sweetheart! Ellie slept for an hour then woke up and ate some macaroni and cheese at the welcome lunch. I ducked out of the welcome lunch after we had eaten because I wanted to spend as much time with Carly and Jay as I could before they had to leave.
Kelly and Maya were at Mimi's house and shortly after Ellie and I arrived we went with them and Carly and Mimi to the sales office to work on more invitations. We spent a few hours with some luck but then Carly had to head back and pack everything up.
It was great having Carly and Jay in town! Thank you so much for coming.
Monday morning Ellie slept in until 8:45. Therefore I once again missed my 8:00 gym class and decided to skip the gym altogether. Instead I dropped Ellie off with Grandpa and Grandma and went to the dry cleaners, bank, and Walmart. Kelly, Clark, and Maya joined Ellie and me at Grandma's for lunch. Ellie was very ready for her nap when I returned from Walmart. I tried putting her to sleep on Grandma's bed but she fought me. I ended up leaving her on the bed since she was calm and quiet. Apparently she didn't fall asleep, though, because we heard a thump. Originally Kelly thought Clark had pushed over Grandma's decorative brick but then Ellie started crying. Oops. Fortunately she didn't seem to have any bumps or bruises and she was happy when her scheme for avoiding her nap proved successful. She ate applesauce and banana bread happily in the highchair.
Ellie slept when we went home until right before my piano lessons. She was cranky while I taught and I played with her after the hour was over to see if she would maybe get tired for a nap. Her next nap started at 4:30 and I woke her up at 6:00 since I wanted her to sleep at night. Jon worked on the basement floor a bit while Ellie and I hung out. She eventually went to bed after 8:30. I worked in the basement and watched some TV until bedtime.
This morning, Tuesday, Kelsey and Katie Estes texted and said they were meeting up at the park behind their house at 9:00. The forecast called for 70 degrees and sunny. It was nice and balmy with the humidity making it sticky. Ellie enjoyed the swings and watching the boys crawl around but she didn't make any moves for crawling herself. When we came home she was very tired and went right down for her nap. She slept two hours and woke up and ate a huge lunch of macaroni and cheese, applesauce, and spinach.
It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon so we spent some time sitting outside. Ellie sits nicely on a beach towel in the shade playing with her toys and picking at the grass so I get to read my book (for Bible study) and tan. It's great! I wonder how much longer it will last.
Ellie took another nap and woke up conveniently right before we needed to leave to drop off a meal at Kelly's then to Grandma's. Grandpa came bounding out of the house when we pulled up and when I came back from my lesson they gave Ellie a good report. Grandpa said she is a very happy baby! She seems to love Grandpa because she would watch him wherever he went and whenever he cleared his throat or spoke she craned her neck around to look at him. It's sweet and Grandpa loves it.
We went home and Jon had already arrived from work. He fed Ellie macaroni and cheese (we're almost done with the leftovers, I promise) while I heated up dinner. He had a missions committee meeting so I did laundry and cleaned up the kitchen.

Everything we did today I told Ellie we were doing in honor of Aunt Corinne's birthday. We went to the park for Rin's birthday, sat in the sun - for Corinne's birthday, and ate dinner -- all in the name of Corinne's birthday. Happy Birthday, Aunt Corinne! We love you and miss you! (Well, I miss you. Ellie doesn't know what she's missing yet!!)
Corinne's Birthday tribute:

















No comments:

Post a Comment