Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tubs

Tuesday morning Ellie woke up early enough that she was down for her first nap at 10:00. I had planned to run to Fenton's to hang out with Clark and Maya but Ellie woke up right when Clark would have been going down for his nap. She was apparently not in the know.
Jon needed the shirt he received for running the Broadstreet for a work picture on Friday so Ellie and I did some laundry (the people who ran are getting a picture with the shirts and medals because it was a work sponsored event). Ellie was due to take a nap at 2:45 but I didn't want to put her down since I needed to leave by 3:15 to go teach. Instead I decided to run some errands to try to keep her awake.
First we dropped off something at IM for Jon to give to Ginner. Then I went by the dry cleaner but it was closed. Lame. I considered going to the bank to make a deposit but Ellie was sick of the car so we went to Grandma's house.
Grandma sometimes has a piano lesson while I teach Brooke so I take Ellie to Stoltzfus'. Today I saw that there wasn't a car at her house so I took Ellie there before my lesson and Grandma said she'd put her down for a nap when she seemed ready. Since Ellie was already at Grandma's I had some time to kill between my lessons and I used it to pick up a few groceries at Walmart.
Ellie had taken a short nap but was up and happily playing with Grandma. Jon was home when we arrived. He measured the laundry room while I grabbed some crackers and iced tea and we went straight to Heeby's. Heeby's is a liquidator store that Frank Grosso told Jon about and we wanted to check out their flooring selection before they closed at 7:00. It was a hike to Blandon, PA but we arrived with forty five minutes left. Ellie fell asleep in the car but woke up when we arrived.
Jon scouted out the store while I nursed Ellie. Costumer service is definitely not their strongpoint as we walked in to about seven employees and not one asked if they could help us. We easily found Jon and picked out a laminate wood-type flooring. Of course I picked a flooring that did not have enough in stock for our project so we left our name and number and they said they would call when it came in.
Texas Roadhouse tempted us with their sign as we drove by but we restrained ourselves and ate leftover chili at home. Ellie went to bed after a quick photo shoot and I worked on my sewing while Jon cleaned up his shop in preparation for the laundry room floor project. Progress!
Tubs 
Check out those rolls. She's basically wearing a sweater of fat. 


Wednesday morning Ellie woke up bright and early. Jon got her out of the crib and changed her diaper, then hung out with her until he was ready for work. We had plenty of time to prepare for the gym and I arrived a few minutes early. Ellie was due for her nap but I knew the activity in the childcare would help keep her happy.
After the class Ellie was still happy and Jennifer Wilson, who used to go to our church and does the class with me sometimes, asked if I wanted to walk around Summerfield for a bit so I agreed. Ellie was still pleasant when I came back and while we drove home.
I have avoided planting my flower boxes but decided to tackle that task when Ellie was still awake when we came home. The Geigertown Greenhouse is right up the road and although they have higher prices they have a nice selection and good costumer service. We picked up enough plants for the front box and I went with our summer color-scheme for the year: orange. Blue accent the orange for variety. Once they grow up and fill out perhaps I'll post a picture.
I tried to feed Ellie some lunch but she was exhausted. I knew that skipping her morning nap could backfire terribly but it was worth the experiment. The nap began at 12:15 and ended at 2:30. Good not great. She was awake and happy for my 3:00 piano lesson.
I was responsible for snack with the women's Bible study and I wanted to make Texas Sheet Cake. I was almost finished with the recipe and realized my sour cream had expired. I tried it and couldn't tell if it was bad or not but didn't want to risk getting people sick. Ellie was wining and cranky so I decided to run to the store and grab a few items to give her a change of scene.
The run to the grocery store caused my baking and dinner plans to run late. Ellie wasn't beyond cranky so I put her to bed when we came home. I started dinner preparations and my 6:00 piano lesson arrived ten minutes early. The positive was that he ended early. I didn't have enough time to make the dinner I had intended so Jon and I ate sandwiches instead. The stir fry can be used tomorrow.
Ellie was sound asleep when I left for Bible study and Jon was hosting prayer group so he agreed to listen for her. Of course she woke up ten minutes after I left (just as Jon predicted). I felt bad but really enjoyed my time at study. Ellie hung out with Jon during prayer and I put her to bed when I came home. Jon had given her a bottle and she had fallen asleep in his arms but when I came home she was crying so I guess I put her back to sleep.

Ellieisms:
When I see if Ellie will crawl she becomes very frustrated when she cannot reach the toy in front of her. She will reach and stretch her little body out as far as her arms will go. I try to encourage her with cheering but she just stops her efforts and smiles at me. She might not crawl until she's a year old at this rate.
The gym childcare workers pointed out that when Ellie sits on the floor she her legs are really far apart - as though she's trying to do a straddle. It's sort of demonstrated in the pictures from yesterday's post when she's reading her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment