We went home for lunch then I taught piano lessons. I'm sure we did some other fun things (maybe a run to BBs?) but obviously it was not memorable. I had Bible Study in the evening and Jon had prayer group and it was my turn to take care of Ellie so I brought her along to Brittany's. We met outside since the weather was so beautiful and Ellie was very enjoyable. She sat on Katie's lap for a while and just hung out. When 8:30 hit, though, she had been awake for six hours and was ready to go home. Fortunately we were finished the study so I scrambled to pack the car and head home.
Thursday morning I knew the Iyas were in town (they arrived Wednesday afternoon) and Mom said we should come any time after 9:30. Ellie was supposed to take her first nap but after struggling for forty-five minutes I decided it wasn't worth it so we went over to Mimi's around 10:15. The Iyas are baby people and I felt terrible when Ellie cried when they tried to hold her. I blamed it on her being tired, which was mostly true. A nap was out of the question at Mimi's because she still refuses to sleep in other places besides her bed unless it is completely dark. It fails every time.
Kelly, Clark, and Maya joined the party and we all hung around until 12:30 since Mimi, Pops, and the Iyas had plans. Mrs. Iya held Maya and Dr. Iya got down on the floor to talk to Clark and he scramble away from him. We tried to explain that Clark treats anyone besides family and his Sunday school teachers that way because he's a bit reserved.
![]() |
| Playing at Mimi's |
I put Ellie to bed at Mimi's since it was dark and she was tired. Jon and I spent time with Mimi, Pops, and the Iyas, leaving shortly after 10:00. They had gone to Shady Maple (they thought the name "shady" was a bit....shady) and Sight and Sound. Jon and Dr. Iya bonded over their love of Premier League soccer. Dr. Iya roots for Liverpool and Mrs. Iya likes Arsenal while Jon is all for Barcelona (I root for them because he does).
Ellieisms:
Ellie has started biting the tip of her tongue while it's sticking out. Not hard, but she does it and grins. I'll have to try to get a picture.
![]() |
| Sun tanning on Tuesday |



No comments:
Post a Comment