Ellie hung out at Grandpa and Grandma's house while I taught Carson. Since she is teething I gave them a bottle to help keep her happy. She did not drink much but they said she remained content while she was with them.
Ellie and I went home and prepared dinner. We ate when Jon arrived from work then Jon spent time on our budget while I put Ellie to bed, cleaned up the kitchen, and helped him with the receipts. We have found that we are inconsistent with putting our expenditures in our budget but if we do it periodically as a team it can be knocked out quickly.
Wednesday I skipped the gym because Mom and I scheduled to go try on bridesmaid dresses for Corinne's wedding. Skippack had a shop that carries the brand of the dress Corinne liked so we headed out their for the first appointment at 10:00. Ellie came along and was a trooper. We tried on dresses based more on colors since Corinne has already picked a dress (After Six style 6609). The trip was successful as we narrowed down our options.
![]() |
| This is why we call her our puppy dog. |
Ellie stayed awake the entire drive back to Elverson. I put her in my car and she fell asleep before we reached Ammon Road. Transferring her to the crib was not a problem and she slept for forty minutes, waking up towards the end of my piano lesson.
![]() |
| Reading in her room |
Thursday morning I had lofty goals of waking up early enough to arrive at Fenton's with breakfast in hand shortly after Josh left for work. Well Josh leaves at 7:20 and I woke up at 8:00....Oops. Jon came in and said goodbye as he left for work and I hopped out of bed and put the casserole in the oven. I showered before Ellie woke up then read the family blogs while waiting for the timer to go off. When the breakfast was finished baking we went over to Fenton's. Only almost two hours after I wanted to arrive but still in time for eating breakfast.
Clark, Ellie and I hung around while Maya slept and Kelly showered. At one point I started singing and kind of dancing and Clark thought it was great. He joined in on the fun and at the end of every song would stop and look at me until I would start singing again. He definitely dances like a white boy, though. And I don't mean like Fred Astaire.
Clark and I spent some time outside on the deck. Fortunately he cannot step off the deck without assistance since he is such a cautious boy. Makes for an easy time watching him out there. Kelly and I dedicated some time while Maya was awake and fed to taking pictures for her birth announcement. I feel as though we got some pretty good shots! We'll have to see how it looks on the announcement.
![]() |
| The big kids. |
She took what she needed and was gone within the half hour. Jon took some food with him to eat at work since the meeting had taken his lunch break. Ellie went down for a nap and I checked my email, cleaned up the living room, and thought about cleaning the bathrooms (ha). Then Ellie woke up. I had to teach Brooke at 2:30 in Elverson so we headed that way soon after her waking.
After the lesson we went back to Fenton's. Mimi was there so we all hung out and enjoyed the sunshine. We looked at the pictures we had taken on Kelly's computer and tried to trim and edit the favorites. Ellie was getting crabby around 4:00 so we made our exit.
![]() |
| Ellie just loves her newest cousin! |
Our small group came to our house at 6:30. Sarah brought along desserts leftover from a prayer meeting she had hosted Wednesday evening which was wonderful. We listened to a sermon in the basement, discussed it, prayed, and then ate. Ellie hung out with us and was a good girl until the end. The group commented on how big she's getting and how she's starting to move around a lot more. They also noticed all of her teeth. She seems to be growing up so much! Perhaps it's just in contrast to newby Maya.
Ellie was very tired after study but I didn't want to leave the group to put her down since they were heading out soon. I fed her some applesauce to hold her off. She went right to sleep once everyone was gone.
Ellieisms:
When Ellie wants to eat something she chomps her mouth like she's chewing. Or she squawks.
Ellie has her four teeth out prominently and two more just starting to poke through.
Ellie plays well by herself (well, for now). Yesterday she "read" her book for thirty minutes in her room while I was on my computer. She also sat in the living room playing with her toys while I showered and got ready for the day. I hope this phase lasts.
![]() |
| We do a lot of eating around here. |
![]() |
| She loved the shoofly pie |
![]() |
| Tasty chicken |







No comments:
Post a Comment