Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Our Weekend

Friday morning Ellie and I went to the gym. I decided to stop by Mimi and Pop's to nurse before running errands. I thought they would be out with the Iyas but they were all sitting around the kitchen table. I fed Ellie then we chatted with everyone until they had to leave. Ellie let Mrs. Iya hold her for a bit, so that was a plus!
Ellie and I picked up my dry cleaning and I thought about grocery shopping but Ellie was tired so we went home instead. I had thought I had all the ingredients for dinner but Jon had taken the leftover turkey for lunch so my plans for enchiladas for dinner was thwarted. It was a rainy day and a bit late so I called Jon and he said we should just order a stromboli for dinner. Usually I would scrap together something in such a situation but Tyler and Brittney Estes were coming for dinner.
So we had stromboli, salad, and strawberry-rhubarb crisp for dinner. The boys played a couple of rounds of FIFA before the four of us played Sequence. Somehow the boys also won every round of Sequence.

Saturday morning Jon woke up earlier than Ellie and me and worked on the basement. We went to Elverson to say goodbye to the Iya's before noon. Jon continued working on the basement (he's installing laminate flooring in the laundry room) while Ellie and I went to a yardsale up the road. I picked up a coffee table for Corinne and Daniel (hope you like it!!) for $2. I couldn't fit it on the front seat or in the trunk and I didn't have time to go back for Jon so I put the front seats as far back as possible (which is pretty far since I do drive a Buick) and laid it across both front seats. Then I squeezed in between the table and the steering wheel and carefully maneuvered on home. I thought ahead and knew I could turn right and most of the way was down hill so it was uneventful. Jon was less then impressed with the setup.
At 2:00 Jon, Ellie and I headed to Parkesburg to Ben and Jess Mountz's house. They had invited us and peter and Brittany and Tyler and Brittney over to watch a big soccer game. The boys watched the game in the basement while the women and Ellie stayed upstairs and talked. Jess made a nice spread and we hung around all afternoon into the evening. Following the game we remained until Ellie was starting to fuss. She has decided not to sleep in other places so my attempt earlier in the day were unprofitable.
Ellie was asleep by the time we pulled out of their development. Apparently her car seat is more desirable than Ben's guest room. Oh well.
We arrived home and laid low for the evening. Jon probably worked on the basement (I do not recall.

Sunday morning we drove separately to church. Jon was going to pick up Omar from the train station immediately following the second service and Ellie and I wanted to go home. Although I had tried to put Ellie to sleep between services it was unsuccessful. Instead she took a nice, long nap in the afternoon. Due to the holiday weekend we did not have prayer meeting so Mimi and Pops invited us over for dinner...then they cancelled. Apparently they had a more desirable option come up! (ha :)
Instead Mimi and Pops dropped off some dinner for us on their way to the Frey's house. We ate dinner then Jon and I played two rounds of Ticket to Ride: Europe. I won both. Omar came over and the boys played a few games of FIFA and I started making a dress for Ellie. Then the three of us played two more rounds of Ticket to Ride. I won once more then Omar won. I really like that game - it's less complicated than the expansion versions of Settlers and goes more quickly because bartering is not involved.

Sorry about the lack of pictures.

Ellieisms:
Ben and Jess' dogs made Ellie nervous. They were in their kennel so I walked her over to them and she seemed okay until they started jerking around. She doesn't like sudden movements or loud noises.

1 comment:

  1. Ellie and Emy are opposites when it comes to dogs! I want to see a picture of Rin and Daniel's coffee table! And more pictures of the dress!!

    ReplyDelete