Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Great-Grandma!

Saturday morning I went yard sale-ing again. I had told Brittany about my success last week and she requested I call her the next time I go out. She was game for this morning so I stopped by a few spots near my house before going to Birdsboro and picking up Brittany. I had taken a picture of a kids' table and chairs and sent it to Mimi and she wanted it. We went together and picked it up and then I dropped the set off at home along with Ellie and her strollers. Ellie was due for a nap and Jon agreed to take care of her so that Brittany and I could yard sale in peace.
We went to several spots in the Birdsboro area and even ran into Becky Posh and her daughters. Brittany found a rocking horse (a decorative wooden one) and beach chairs and I picked up a riding toy (one for kids like Haley's age) for $2, a children's shopping cart for $1, and a mid-height wooden bookshelf for $3. I felt very good about the purchases and can't believe I found a bookshelf for so cheap.
In the afternoon I picked up a flower for little Maya and dropped it off right after Kelly and Josh came home. I did not stay long and came back in time to put Ellie down for her afternoon nap.
I spent some time working on my quilting. Peter and Brittany had us over for dinner and we enjoyed hamburgers, grilled chicken, and pasta salad. Afterwards they came over to our house along with Omar and the boys played FIFA while Brittany and I worked on our sewing.

Sunday Jon ran in the Broad Street Run through Philadelphia. The Broad Street run is a ten mile run where forty thousand people run from one end of Philadelphia to the other. Jon signed up for it with a group from work and they drove down together. Meanwhile Ellie and I were doing our best to get to church by 8:00.
We were almost twenty minutes late but Pops didn't seem too flustered. Ellie hung around sitting on the floor watching all the musicians. She is such a happy girl in the morning. She went into nursery with a bottle and directions for a nap at 9:45. She didn't fall asleep for the workers so I put her to bed between services. After second service worship I picked her up and we went home because I needed to make a salad for grandma's birthday lunch.
And here is our birthday tribute for Grandma! Grandma was one of the first people to hold Ellie --Actually, she was the first person after me and Jon!
One of my favorites of these two.
Cuddles 
Around Christmas
At my birthday dinner in January

We love Grandma!
Grandma & Ellie at Easter
Grandma teaching me her shoofly recipe
A Thursday visit

Friday night at dinner
Grandma watches Ellie every Monday morning when I go to the gym and for an hour Tuesday afternoons when I teach a piano lesson in Elverson. After the gym she always tells me to run any errands and when I come back she makes us lunch. Whenever I need to leave Ellie with them I am confident that Ellie will be pampered and frequently come back to Grandma and Grandpa hanging out with Ellie on a blanket on the floor. She is always well taken care of!
It was a small crowd at Mimi and Pop's for Grandma's birthday dinner - Pops, Mimi, Grandpa, Grandma, me, and Ellie. Jon joined us after his race. Kelly had texted and said Maya would be ready for visitors after 2:30. I took some pictures but they are all on my camera which I left with Kelly since she wanted to try to get a few pictures of Maya with a higher-resolution camera.
Jon showered and hung out at Mimi's house while Mimi, Grandpa, Grandma, and I all visited Fenton's. Ellie had just woken up when we returned and she was happy to be alive. We went home and Jon took a nap while Ellie and I played in the living room. Church came before we knew it and we were off to prayer meeting.
Following prayer meeting Nana invited us over for dinner along with Peter and Brittany. Ellie said hi to Grandma Mountz then I put her down to sleep. We ate dinner, talked politics and history (well I listened in on both), then headed home before 10:00. I was still feeling the all nighter from when Maya was born!

Monday morning I went to the gym and found out that my class will no longer be held on Monday's. Boo. I was really pushing myself to get out the door on Monday's, too. The instructor said that I should make my voice heard and email the higher-ups. I'm contemplating doing that. I tried out a spin class (I jumped in twenty minutes late) but my bottom is still a little sore (TMI??) so I will probably avoid all activity involving a bicycle.
Mom and I had talked about trying on bridesmaid dresses in Eagle but the place did not have an opening. I stopped by Stephanie's and picked up some paperwork to do before getting Ellie from Grandma's house. Grandma said that Ellie had slept in her arms for about forty minutes but Grandpa accidentally woke her up when he walked up the stairs. That baby is spoiled! She loves Grandpa and Grandma.
Ellie was really out of sorts all day. I did not know what her problem was but she was just clingy and needy. Basically she would only remain content for a brief period unless she was in my arms and I was moving around. She was difficult during my second piano lesson so I told Brenda Haak that she was being tricky. Apparently Ellie likes to make me look foolish already because she was a complete gem for Brenda!
When Jon arrived home from work he graciously took Ellie outside with him while I cleaned up the kitchen and prepared the chicken for the grill. Jon grilled the chicken while holding on to Ellie and showing her the yard. After dinner Jon worked on paperwork while I quilted and did some laundry.

Ellieisms:
I realized that Ellie was so cranky because she is cutting her fifth tooth! No hair, no mobility, but five teeth. I suppose she must have to focus her efforts somewhere.
Ellie has started to click or cluck her tongue. When Calla and Kelsey come next time she can play their "name that tune" song.

1 comment:

  1. Emy has no teeth and no mobility, but she does have some hair! Your yard sale finds sound amazing! You should post pictures, what are you going to do with the bookshelf?!

    ReplyDelete