The weather was beautiful so Ellie and I spent some time sitting on her blanket on the lawn. She really enjoys louder vehicles and trucks that drive by.
Jon worked late but agreed to host prayer group so that I could put Ellie to sleep and go off to my Bible Study. It worked out well and I was only five minutes late. It was our first meeting for the summer and I'm looking forward to the new faces that might be joining us.
Thursday morning Kelly had a doctor's appointment in Paoli. Mom and Clark went with her in the case that she would need to be admitted to the hospital. Ellie and I went to Boscov's to get some makeup and JoAnns for some fabric to take our minds off of waiting. Kelly called around noon asking if I could hang out at her house with Clark until her in-laws could pick him up. Yes!
Ellie went down for a nap when we arrived at Fenton's and Clark was already snoozing. I set up my fabric cutting stuff outside on their deck and caught a few rays while the kiddos slept. Ellie woke up first after only an hour or so followed by Clark about thirty minutes later. I was sewing when he woke up and the sewing machine infatuated him. He was awake for twenty five minutes when his Mom-mom and Pop-pop Fenton arrived.
The hand-off went smoothly and Clark was happy to drive away with his grandparents. Ellie and I went to Nana and Pop-pop's house to say hi to them and Great Grandma Mountz. Ellie was getting cranky because she was hungry so I put her in the high chair and Great Grandma fed her. She was really on a roll.
![]() |
| Nana opened a package so Ellie played in the box |
At 12:30 I woke up from the text messages and I wondered if I should go out to the hospital. Kelly was the first immediate family member on my side to be there when Ellie was born and I wanted to be supportive for her. Since Ellie had been sleeping well I felt as though I could leave her with Jon without it being a problem. I called Dad and we decided to drive out together so I pumped and left a bottle for Jon.
Dad and I arrived at the hospital at 2:15 on Friday morning. Mom had said that she thought Kelly would be pushing soon when we left Elverson but things always take longer than you think. Maya Diane Fenton was born at 3:18 on May 3rd and weighed in at 7lb 3oz and was 19.5 inches long. She is a beautiful, healthy baby.
Mimi was exhausted from her long day (she had woken up at 4AM on Thursday morning) so Mimi and Pops held Maya and went home. Josh followed at around 6:00 and I had the privilege of spending the morning with Kelly and baby Maya. While I was there Maya received her first bath, a shot, Kelly showered, we changed rooms, Kelly ate breakfast twice, and Kelly and Maya tried to sleep while being disturbed by construction sounds and vital checks. I even changed Maya's diaper and put her newborn outfit on.
| A toast to Maya! |
Josh came back around 11:30 and I left promptly after his arrival so that the three Fentons could spend some time alone. I went to Nana and Pop-pop's house and nursed Ellie and joined everyone for lunch. Jon was helping Pop-pop out with building steps up to the playhouse and installing a lattice trim for the bottom. I took Ellie home for her nap and then taught Dr. Kane his piano lesson after napping for twenty minutes.
After the lesson Ellie woke up so my dreams of another longer nap were shattered. Instead Ellie and I hung out then I worked on my quilting project. Pop-pop and Jon cleaned our chimneys, picked up the wood in the backyard, and mowed the backyard. They were just finishing up when Grandpa and Grandma arrived.
A few weeks ago we invited Grandpa and Grandma out to our favorite local Mexican Restaurant. We loaded up in our Buick and drove out to Mount Penn and discovered that the restaurant had closed down! Fortunately another Mexican restaurant is right down the road so we went there, although it is not quite as authentic. Jon ordered three meals for the four of us to split so we could taste a variety of Mexican food. Grandpa and Grandma said they didn't know where to start with ordering so we ordered a taco, enchilladas, and fajitas. Rice and refried beans came along with two of the meals.
Ellie was on her best behavior and had a few children to watch for most of the meal. When they left I tried feeding her beans and she really liked them. I would give them to her and she would kick her legs and flail her arms.
![]() |
| Refried beans |
Following dinner we went to a quant 1950s style ice cream shop in Gibralter, which is on our way home. Grandpa and Grandma treated us all to ice cream and Grandma even shared some of hers with Ellie. At first Ellie didn't like it but when she recovered from the initial shock from the cold she was begging for more.
Grandpa and Grandma had heard about my sleepless night so they said goodbye when we arrived home at 8:15 and I put Ellie to bed. I tried to do some work on the quilt but instead wrote this blog and am now going to bed. I'm exhausted but it was so worth it to see Maya and spend time with her and Kelly today. I am very excited about my new niece! I can't wait for Ellie to meet her.
Ellieisms:
Ellie looks right at strangers and smiles really big. Grandpa and Grandma loved how when we walked through the restaurant they could hear people comment on "that cute baby." Grandpa kept commenting on how she's such a good little girl (which she was tonight).
![]() |
| Peaceful baby |










I am SO jealous of your time with Kelly and Maya! Thanks for the pictures!
ReplyDelete