Monday, February 25, 2013

Sleep Training Round 1

So after thinking about starting sleep training yesterday I decided after reviewing The Baby Whisperer and communicating some of the main points to Jon to give it a shot last night. Ellie ended up only waking up two times (which is less than usual) and it took thirty minutes to go back to sleep the first time and forty five minutes the second time. For the first time in her life she went all night without nursing. Hopefully tonight goes just as well.
After our relatively long night Jon made breakfast for us after his run. I was so tired that I went back to sleep and he left for work. Ellie woke up at 8:15 which gave me enough time to get us ready and out the door for my class at the gym. Grandma and Grandpa watched Ellie. I was about fifteen minutes late for the class so afterwards I spent fifteen minutes on the orbital to make up for the lost time.
Hanging with Grandpa
Upon arriving at Grandma and Grandpa's Ellie was sitting on Grandpa's lap. She was ready for her nap and Grandma said she had almost fallen asleep while drinking her bottle but it ran out before she was full. I took her and put her to sleep on their bed while we waited for Kelly and Clark. Grandma has definitely been pampering us all with her babysitting and delicious lunches. Kelly ran off for a shot at CVS while we hung out with Clark. He didn't seem to notice she was gone but played ball with Grandpa on the steps and trotted around like he owned the place. Ellie didn't wake up until Kelly was getting Clark ready to go. I had gone to check on her and when I opened the door she was looking right at me from the bed. She must be comfortable at Grandma's house to just hang out in the bedroom like that.
Grandpa threw the ball up the steps and Clark rolled them down
After lunch I stopped by the bank and went home. Ellie ate some carrots and a lot of pears for her lunch. She definitely slurps up her pears happily but is not so impressed with the carrots. I always try the vegetables first. I'm going to need to branch out a bit more since she has only tried five items thus far.
Ellie took a nice two hour nap this afternoon. I wrote emails, prepared dinner, and cleaned up a bit before my five o'clock lesson. Brenda and Brooke always seem to arrive early and today they came right as I was pulling out the vacuum. I quickly pushed it in the corner by my bedroom door and let them in. Ellie had just woken up so Brenda hung out with her while she played in the exersaucer. She would sing along every so often and was overall very chatty.
Dinner was ready when Jon came home and Ellie was eating applesauce when he walked in the door. We ate while she hung out in the highchair and the leaf. I may just be a messy "feeder" but I feel as though a whole bib gown is needed to feed that baby. She reaches for the spoon as I put it towards her mouth and get is all over her fingers, then rubs it on her belly and legs. I suppose laundry will have to be done more often than once a week at this rate.
Jon spent the evening fixing our garage door (the springs broke) and changing my oil. I did the dishes then researched a bit for when Elizabeth Maye, Elizabeth Dyer, and Rachel come next week. I'm very excited for their arrival!

Ellieisms:
When I picked up Ellie from the leaf after doing the dishes her sock was all wet from sucking on it. It was still on her foot, too.
Loving the exersaucer! Thanks, Fentons! (We're borrowing theirs)
The glass etching for Corinne to see
It's not super obvious. For Dorothy's I added a pear.
For Nelah's I just kept it simple.
The bathroom tiling, if you care to see the progress.
Close-up of the detail

1 comment:

  1. The bathroom looks fabulous! A lot of times we strip Emily down to feed her, it also helps to give them their own spoon sometimes. Sometimes it makes it worse because they get their spoon in the way of your spoon. Way to go on the sleep training! I still feed Emily to put her back to sleep but I should try to drop that soon! I always put the paci in first but it never seems to be enough!

    ReplyDelete