For lunch Jon hadn't taken any food into work so I ordered a stromboli from Giovanni's and took it to his office. Ellie was getting tired but she held it together to eat lunch with him in their lunchroom. She sat in a chair like a big kid.
| Post-bath pose |
| She doesn't really understand playdough yet |
| Washing the cars! She begged to wear Josh's old coat |
Tuesday Ellie and I did our usual routine of cleaning the house up for Hunter's arrival. Kelly texted and asked if I wanted to meet up at the gym. I had enough time so we met up with Kelly and we ran on the treadmills for two miles then Ellie and I had to head home for Hunter's arrival.
Every time Hunter is here it's the same routine: arrives at 11, lunch at noon, naps at 1:00. He naps in a sleeping bag on my bedroom floor. Ellie is infatuated with his sleeping bag and has cried when I put it away before. I should pull out Jon's sleeping bag next week to let Ellie have her own while Hunter's here. Ellie and Hunter interact well. He's generally quiet and calm but every so often gets really excited and runs around. Nothing crazy, though.
After nap time we eat a snack and Elisha comes and picks Hunter up at 4:00. Then Ellie and I quickly hop into the car and I drop her off at Grandma's house while I teach piano lessons in Elverson. We are home for dinner by six.
| Walking in Mom's shoes |
| Ellie's morning cup of tea |
Wednesday morning we had Precepts. Ellie usually is really tired by the time I pick her up so we headed straight home for lunch and naps. Sometimes we skip right to the naps since she gets a lot of snacks at church (I am completely fine with that. Feeding a cranky kid is not fun). At 3:00 I have a piano lesson. Ellie generally wakes up right before their arrival or during the first ten minutes. Therefore she spends the lesson cuddling on my lap and smiling shyly at the Mom and older sister.
We made dinner then waited for Dad to get home. I have women's Bible Study at 7:00 so Jon gets Ellie duty. He had Omar come over after Ellie was in bed and the two of them once again played their FIFA tournament. They really enjoy playing on the same team against the computer. I came home around 9:30 and Jon said that Ellie went down without a fuss.
| She plays with her blocks a couple times a day |
| We call Daddy probably every day per Ellie's request |
Elliesms:
Ellie still loves to be outside and cries when we bring her inside if she's not finished playing.
Jon says Ellie sounds like me when she's on the phone. She says the same things. "Ahuh, ahuh, ummmm, no." Stuff like that. I guess it's a step up from "WHAT?" Like she used to say when pretending to talk to Daddy on her "cell phone."
No comments:
Post a Comment