Directly after Precepts Ellie and I went to Brooke Stoltzfus' house for her flute lesson. She sat on my lap or nearby while I taught, which is a first since she doesn't really like the flute. When we are home and I try to practice she usually cries. Not very encouraging for me. Let's just say I don't practice much anymore.
We went home for lunch and naps. I have a piano lesson at 3:00 following which we make dinner. Ellie generally gazes at the magnet of Corinne and Daniel while I cook.
In the evening we had a seminar through our financial advisor on saving for college. Ellie hung out with Mom and Dad. They were having dinner at Grandpa and Grandma's house so we dropped her off at their house. She received a good report and was sleeping when we arrived. Ben Brust's final home game was starting soon on the TV so we stayed until the game began and took Ellie home to sleep in her crib.
| We still have a lot of snow around here! |
Thursday morning Katie and I went to Grandma's house for breakfast. She made delicious blueberry baked oatmeal. Then we left our two kids with them while we ran to the Flower and Home Marketplace (it's the new store that replaced Flower and Craft Warehouse). We wanted to see what the new store had and I needed a few things for a baby shower I'm helping plan. We were back in Elverson around 10:30 and the kids were playing busily with Grandpa and Grandma.
I went down and helped Grandpa with his computer briefly then we stopped by Kelly's house for a bit while she ran to Walmart. Then I took Ellie home for her nap. I have a couple lessons on Thursday afternoons at home then I take Ellie to Culbert's house down the road where she stays until Jon grabs her on his way home from work. I teach a family up near Weaver's Orchard then come home in time for dinner.
This week we had small group in Reading, though, so I packed Ellie some dinner and we took her to Mimi and Pop's house. Jon and I made a date of the evening and ate at Chickfila before going to small group. We stayed out pretty late with the thirty minute drive back to Elverson but Ellie was zonked out in Mimi's crib. Pops said that she played with the marble roller for a solid 45 minutes after dinner. She loves Mimi and Pop's house!
Friday morning Ellie and I were up and dressed early enough to go to the Reading Farmers Market for breakfast. We stopped by the meat counter and then grabbed some fruit before making a pitstop for an iced coffee and boston creme donut. After lugging the merchandise to the car Ellie and I chowed down on the donut. She's my daughter because as she took her first bite a long "MmmmMmmm" sounded. I agreed.
Our next stop was Redner's where we grabbed the rest of our groceries. Then we headed home. Ellie played with trains and napped in the afternoon. We also packed for Jon since he was going to Skyview for the weekend on the Man Maker retreat with church. At 3:45 we went to Elverson to hang out with Grandma Mountz, since we hadn't seen her for a while (it seemed). We stayed there until 5:00 when we headed to Kelly's house for dinner.
| Ellie made her first track! |
| I helped with this one. |
| Playing kitchen at Nana's |
Kelly had tickets to the Conestoga Christian School Spaghetti dinner fundraiser. Brittany Mountz and Henry joined us and we ate and chatted until 8:00. Babies make evenings end sooner! (Ellie was cranky, not Henry). Ellie did respond really well to Henry, which was nice. Brittany was changing his diaper and she went over and kept saying "baby" and petted his hair. We went home and Ellie went straight to bed. I browsed the internet and went to bed by 10:00 since we had some fun things planned on Saturday.
| waiting for dinner |
| playing around the coffee table |
Ellieisms:
When Jon was praying for dinner, he prayed for Corinne and Daniel. As soon as he said their names Ellie looked over at their magnet on the fridge (yes, I had my eyes opened).
When we pray at home we hold hands. When we pray anywhere else Ellie has started holding her hands under her chin, just like Clark. She started doing this after seeing him do it at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment