Saturday morning mom and I met up (with Ellie in tow) to go to a consignment sale she had heard about in Guthriesville. We found some good items, Ellie's favorite find was a toy cell phone.
After we spent way too much on other people's old clothes and toys, we went to Home Goods to return some items. Ellie was super cranky in the store. We decided she must be as hungry as we felt so we ate at a nearby restaurant called Nudy's. Our pre-lunch entertainment was stacking creamers. Ellie was really good at it! (I didn't notice until Mom pointed out her skill).
We made one more stop at a furniture sale then I took Ellie home for a much needed nap. She fought sleep for close to three hours before I gave up and just took her to Pop's house for dinner. Mom invited us over along with Kelly and her kids since Caleb was home from school. The kids got busy with Dad building trains as we waited for dinner.
Somehow I neglected to take a picture with Caleb! Caleb and Brie were off to a dinner with friends before we left to go home for bed. The time was changing that night so I really should have gone home earlier since Ellie didn't get to bed until 8:30 - which felt like 9:30!
Ellie woke up after I was ready for church, which was a blessing. I dressed her and packed some breakfast. We picked up Dorothy on our way to church since her husband was at the retreat with Jon in their only car. I went to first service then had hall monitor during the second hour, which means I really just do my Bible Study work in the hallway and help kids go to the bathroom periodically.
After church the Culberts had us over for lunch. Nate and Deb Saint were there with their two grandkids, Cameron and Hannah. Hannah and Ellie are six weeks apart but Hannah doesn't walk. At least she likes dogs! Ellie was looking at the dogs outside and saying "dog" and "uhoh" while Hannah wanted them to come inside and play.
We stayed at Culberts until 3:00. I put Ellie down for a nap and she slept 2 1/2 hours - which she hasn't done for a while! I took my Sunday nap (I love getting a nap Sundays!) and Jon came home shortly after I went to sleep.
Dad was sharing at church in the evening so we went to prayer meeting and heard stories and saw pictures from his trip to Uganda. It made me really miss Corinne and Daniel! I hope that we can visit them. We are praying for you, Iyas.
No comments:
Post a Comment