| First in line for holding Ellie. |
| The boys hanging out. |
| Carly's lap just isn't big enough for everyone. |
Ellie slept on the floor of Caleb's room because Jay was in Corinne's room and Clark was in my old room. While she napped I took Calla and Kelsey with me on some errands to the bank and church. They like going into the bank so they can pick out their lollipops. I let them also pick two for Clark and Jay.
While we were at the church Mrs. Clogston was working in the front office. Calla didn't remember her but they found common grounds when they recalled a craft Mrs. Clogston had done with her class and she had given it to Mimi to do with Calla and Kelsey. Crafts are the way to Calla's heart.
We went back to Mimi's house and Ellie had woken up. She seemed to not be feeling very well. Ellie's nose was running and her eyes were a bit red. She had slept only an hour since she woke up around 8:00. Her hour nap ended up being her last for the day because she didn't want to go to sleep again. That baby.
I went home in time to work on dinner a bit before Jon came home. I had put chicken in the crockpot and needed to chop some peppers and cook some rice to finish it up. Jon chopped a bit more wood when he came home. I put Ellie down for to sleep and hunkered down on the couch cutting out verse cards for the retreat. Jon went to watch a soccer game at his parents' house with Peter so I just cut the verse cards for three hours.
Overnight Ellie had a really sad time. She woke up frequently and at one point I cuddled with her trying to get her to sleep for forty five minutes. She was just so sad! Stuffy nose, coughing, and so on. When we woke up she seemed a bit under the weather but doing better. So I went to Mimi's house and we hung out as we waited for Precepts to start.
By the time we were supposed to go to church Ellie's eyes were all red and her nose was running. I decided to head home and give her a good nap and skip Precepts since nobody wants to watch a sick baby. She slept for two hours while I worked on retreat work.
In the afternoon we all went to Reading and tried on wedding dresses for Corinne. The shop wasn't very helpful but it worked out because we whipped through close to a dozen dresses taking pictures and videos as we went. Calla and Kelsey even tried on flower girl dresses. Afterwards I went home and put Ellie to bed before teaching my piano lessons.
Wednesday evening I had Bible Study at Brittany's so I left Ellie with Jon who was hosting prayer group at our house. Jon said Ellie was not very happy and cried a lot. He ended up spending the entire night with her in her room. Oh well. I came home and finally put the poor babe to sleep.
On Thursday I had to do some last minute retreat work but that was my entire agenda. The rest of the day was spent hanging out with the Brusts at Mimi's. Ellie was feeling a little bit better but was definitely not one hundred percent. It's nice to not have any piano lessons at the end of the week so our schedule is much more relaxed.
So Thursday seems so long ago that I forget what we did during the day. We did go to the Flower and Craft Warehouse. Ellie and I went with Dorothy and met up with the rest of the gang. I found more items than I bargained for but I am excited about my new basket, bunny, and laundry hanger.
In the evening we celebrated Kelly's birthday. She turned 29 on Monday and Carly wanted to make a special dinner and invite everyone. She made cranberry chicken, Mimi's rice recipe, and a green salad. For dessert we had a chocolate trifle which was delicious. Grandpa, Grandma, Mom-mom, Aunt Ida, and Aunt Elsie all joined in on the birthday festivities. We hung out until Ellie became sad and we took her home to bed.
| Jay really had Ellie laughing with the toy dangling in her face |
| Hanging out after Aunt Kelly's birthday celebration |
I wanted to try to finish up the week but maybe next time. I'm so behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment