Since Mimi is in charge of the retreat she likes to head down early to make sure everything is running smoothly. Dorothy was in charge of the Friday evening social and had a lot of flowers and food to organize. Mom and I helped unload her car, went and did some things, then finished helping her set out the food before heading over to Woody's for dinner. Woody's is a delicious seafood restaurant we try to visit at least once during the women's retreat. The service was not impressive but the hush puppies and crab cakes were worth the wait.
Friday evening we enjoyed social time, listened to a message from Mrs. Kenney, and met with our prayer and chat groups before heading to bed. Mom and Carly generously allowed Ellie and I to have the King sized bed in the separate room of our suite while they suffered on pull-out couches. Thanks!
Saturday we had a session in the morning from our speaker, Larissa Murphy. If you care to learn about her story you can read her blog here. We met with our groups, had lunch, then Coleen Garner watched Ellie while Mom, Carly, and I went shopping in North East. Ellie was sleeping when we left but woke up an hour later and Coleen took her on a walk in the stroller and hung out with her. It was very generous and I enjoyed spending time with Mom and Carly without being preoccupied with Ellie.
Following dinner we had another session and a prayer and chat group meeting. We ended up talking for a while afterwards then Kelly joined us in our room and we hung out.
Sunday morning Mrs. Kenney had another brief talk and Kelly led communion. The retreat was a wonderful trip and Ellie did a good job while we were gone. Her schedule was all messed up but she held together well. We stopped by Woody's on our way home for another round of seafood (Carly and Kelly didn't get to eat there on their way to the retreat) and then Ellie and I went home.
![]() |
| Giving Mimi a look |
![]() |
| Ellie loving the retreat |
![]() |
| Food table |
![]() |
| Mimi is the main event at these things |
![]() |
| Most of the women. There were 96 overnighters and 8 daytrippers |
![]() |
| Ellie happy after a snack listening to the speaker |
Jon had played soccer in the afternoon but Ellie and I hadn't been able to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Once we arrived home the three of us grabbed a blanket and the stroller and went to the park. The sun must have known our plans because it hid behind some clouds and after twenty minutes we were cold. It was too early for church so we stopped by Doug and Donna's to say hi to everyone.
I had nursery Sunday evening which was fun because Jay joined us. At one point they were eating snacks near the pack'n'plays so I put Ellie in one to see. Jay walked over and pointed at her so I put him in next to Ellie and he laid down quietly. He only complained when Ellie tried to take his toy. It was sweet how he wanted to be close.
After evening church Donna asked Jon and I if we wanted to come by for dinner. I really didn't have any food at home so it worked out well. We hung out and debriefed from the retreat but didn't stay long after we ate. Ellie was tired and so were Jon and I.
![]() |
| Jay nervous that Ellie may steal his toy |
![]() |
| Pals. He needs a younger sister. |
![]() |
| Jay wanted a turn solo |
Ellieisms:
At the retreat I noticed Ellie was starting to cover a little (emphasis on little) bit of ground when laying on her belly.









No comments:
Post a Comment