Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy Birthday, Aunt Kelly!

Monday morning Ellie and I went over to Mimi's house to spend time with the Brusts before they headed home. Pops made pancakes and we all started Kelly's birthday celebration. Kelly and Clark came in and we all shouted "Surprise" and "Happy Birthday." I think Kelly was surprised.
Ellie took a nap and I hung out with the kids during the morning. When lunch time neared I decided we should order from the Deli in celebration of Kelly's birthday and to send the Brusts off with a full stomach Elverson-style. Kelsey walked up with me to pick up the order and when we arrived home Ellie had woken up.
We spent some time outside while Carly packed up the car. Ellie has mastered sitting so she sat on a blanket in the grass and watched her cousins ride their bikes and such. Calla and Kelsey had a bee scare before lunch but Calla prayed that they wouldn't bother us afterwards and they didn't. Prayer answered.

Determined
Gal Pals
Enjoying the warm day
Jay decided to join in on the fun.
We were sad to see the Brusts leave but so thankful that they drove the entire way to Elverson! I had to head home to teach piano lessons at 2:00 and Ellie fortunately slept through some of them. I had another piano lesson before dinner and Jon came home.
In less than two weeks I am signed up to run a 5K so Jon and I went over to French Creek Park after eating some snacks to hold us over until dinner. Jon pushed Ellie in the swing while I ran around for a bit until I was tired (I didn't quite make it to 2 miles). We went home and ate dinner and then probably went to bed. I have no recollection. But I'm sure we celebrated Kelly's birthday in our own way.

Happy 29th Birthday, Kelly!
Sisters on the beach, May 2012
Sisters 
First picture with Ellie
Enjoying the nice weather in Dec, 2012
Cousins 

No comments:

Post a Comment