Saturday, April 20, 2013

Shoo Fly Pie & Date Night

Thursday morning Jon left for work at 5:30. Ellie missed the sleeping-in memo and woke up at 6:30. I brought her into the bedroom and she lounged on Jon's side of the bed for about thirty minutes before complaining. Although it was early I fed her breakfast and we headed out to Grandma's house at 8:30.
We arrived in time for Ellie to spend some time with Grandpa before he went out golfing. When the weather is nice Grandpa goes golfing with some of his friends on Thursday mornings. Grandma had me over to show me how to make shoofly pie. I thought it would be a bit more complicated...it's quite simple. I have Grandma's recipe for those who are interested.
Spoiled Ellie
Kelly, Clark, and Mimi joined us at Grandma's house for lunch around noon. Clark sat in the highchair and Ellie cruised in the walker (well, she would move an inch or so every few minutes from accidently kicking the floor). After lunch Clark hung out near Ellie and even shook her hand. I high-five Clark and then shake his hand and greet him. Kelly and I tried to get him to high-five Ellie but he would just look quizzically at her floppy fingers since that obviously is not the appropriate high-five hand posture. Later I saw him trying to grab her little hand and shake it.
Going in for a shake
I say smile. This is their response.
We love Grandma's house!
Fell asleep on the way home
When Ellie was ready for her afternoon nap we headed home and I put her down. I cleaned up the house a bit then had a piano lesson at 3:00. Ellie woke up at the tail end of the lesson and hung out on my lap until they left. Although Jon had gone into work super early he still had to work a bit later than normal and came home around 6:15. We had spaghetti for dinner then watched an episode of White Collar.
Friday morning Kelly and I had set up to go pillow shopping for her birthday. I told her I would get her a pillow for her couch or make her one. We went to Target first and found a great pillow option. We bought it and then checked out T.J. Maxx. No other pillows fit the bill but Kelly found a few other items and I bought a decorative porcelain bird. Mom called when we were in Target and told us to come over for lunch. So we headed to Elverson after shopping.
When I walked in the door she told me that Corinne had posted a new video. After seeing the first five seconds I asked if it was a joke. Mom said she didn't think so. Ha. Anyway, if you want to view the video you can see it here. I think I've watched it eight times. Ha. I am honored to have been asked to be her maid of honor. I am very excited! Let the planning begin!!
Mom made us a delicious lunch and we hung around until Clark was too tired to function. Kelly and I had carpooled so she dropped me off at home. Since Jon had worked twelve hours yesterday he came home at 3:30. I jumped in the shower and then he spent some time chopping wood before we left for our date night.
Around five o'clock we dropped Ellie off at Mimi and Pop's house and she hung out there while Jon and I went out. We stopped at Produce Junction and I bought two plants then ducked into a tile and carpet shop next door to see more options for the laundry room. Next we went to Joseph A. Banks. Jon has been needed a sports coat because every time he serves communion the dress code involves one. The options were pricey so we didn't purchase one but kept the options in mind. Our last stop before dinner was Joann's Fabrics for quilting supplies.
Initially I wanted to eat at P.F. Changs but they didn't have a location in the Exton/Downingtown area. We looked into a few options from Caleb but when push came to shove we drove by a Texas Roadhouse and Jon started drooling so we pulled in. A thunderstorm came while we were eating and Jon ended up driving home in a torrential downpour. It was pretty bad.
We picked up Ellie who was watching "Say Yes to the Dress" with Mimi. The storm had woken her up so she was just hanging out until we came back. We went home, put Ellie to bed, and went to sleep ourselves since it was pushing eleven o'clock and I had a race in the morning.

Ellieisms:
Ellie looks at Clark and talks to him. Clark then looks at me and talks to me. Nobody understands either of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment