Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Teeth

Sunday morning Jon wore his new sports coat since he was serving communion. I dropped Ellie off at nursery and we went to first service worship. Second service we had Sunday School which Dad led on parenting. I tried to put Ellie to sleep between services but she wasn't interested. The nursery workers said she took a quick nap before church ended.
Following church we went to Nana and Pop-pop's house and I put Ellie down for a nap. Jon hung around and ate lunch then checked out Ryan Estes' fireplace insert. Meanwhile I went to Marianne's surprise bridal shower at the Community Center. It was a lovely event with delicious food and pretty decorations. Marianne seems set for getting married after receiving all the gifts from the 60+ people in attendance.
I met up with Jon and Ellie at home around 4:30. We didn't have much down time before heading to church again for the six o'clock prayer meeting. We prayed for our children's ministries. Ellie had the opportunity to hang out with Clark and Aunt Kelly in the nursery. Kelly said that she behaved and enjoyed watching all the older kids bustle about.
Following church Jon and I came home and scrounged up some leftovers for dinner. Then we watched an episode of White Collar, the TV show Donna gave me for my birthday.

Monday morning I went to the gym and Ellie hung out with Grandpa and Grandma. I put her down for a nap then ran to Walmart for a few groceries. Kelly and Clark arrived at Grandma's while we were gone and we hung out until lunch time. Clark always wants to sit in the walker when Ellie's not in there but she hogged it most of the time she was awake. Mimi also joined us for lunch and we had chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese, applesauce, and shoofly pie.
We headed home around 1:00 but stopped at Mimi's house since we wanted to see some MOB dresses and a potential wedding dress for Corinne. I tried on the dress and we sent a video and several pictures to the bride. Mom showed off her potential MOB dresses and I sent pictures around to the sisters and we took a vote. Then we went home.
I picked up the kitchen and living room before my 2:00 lesson. I listened to my messages on the answering machine and the mom of the students had called and said they were not able to come. Not a problem! Ellie woke up from her nap wailing at 2:30 which would have been in the middle of my lessons so I was grateful to be able to give her my full attention.
My last lesson came from 5:00-5:30. Ellie hung out with Brenda while I taught. Jon arrived after the lesson ended and he split wood until he became hungry. We had a simple dinner of hot dogs on the grill with fruit since I was feeling a bit lazy. Plus Ellie hadn't been sleeping well all day and had only taken two thirty minute naps. What a goof. After Ellie went to sleep Jon and I watched the Amazing Race then went to bed. As you can tell, Jon and I don't really play games. Instead we watch our TV shows. At least for now.

Ellieisms:
Ellie's third tooth popped through on Sunday. Her fourth one is right around the corner!
Ellie sits very confidently. She only falls over when she is reaching for a toy that is too far away. I forgot this happens when I set her on the kitchen floor and she fell over and hit her head when reaching for the cabinet. Fortunately she didn't get a black and blue mark.

Sorry, no pictures today.

No comments:

Post a Comment