After going to sleep late the last few nights and Ellie waking up a few times during the night, I was tired this morning and opted for sleeping in over eating breakfast with Jon. Ellie didn't wake up for the day until 9:30 and I had only woken up shortly before her. Sometimes it feels so good to sleep in! I know it won't be happening much longer so I will take advantage of my opportunities.
Kelly called in the morning telling us that we were invited to lunch at grandma's house. Before heading to Elverson Ellie and I prepared our crock pot dinner, cleaned the bathroom, finished clearing off the table from Donna's birthday dinner, and cleaned Ellie's room. I actually cleaned her room with the light on when I was trying to wake her up "naturally" to go for lunch. She didn't wake up so I went and practiced the piano until she began to stir.
Surprisingly it was still foggy at noon when we drove toward Elverson. A foggy, dreary day! Clark and Kelly had been at Grandma's house for an hour by the time we arrived. Ellie was in good spirits and was smiley and chatty. Setting out two different types of sugar cookies Grandma asked us to tell her which type was our favorite. Grandpa, Kelly, and I all voted for her traditional recipe. After Kelly and Clark went home Grandma offered to watch Ellie while I ran to Walmart to pick up a few items. Taking advantage of having an Ellie-free cart and stocked up on toilet paper and paper towels. It was great to run out quickly without baby. Grandma said I need to leave Ellie with her more often. Okay!
In the afternoon I spent some time catching up on emails and wrapping Jon's gifts. I also picked up the mail and our Christmas cards came in! Carly and Katelyn, you will probably be here before it makes it to you! Well, Katelyn most definitely.
I had my piano student at 5:00-5:30 and Caleb arrived right as the student left. I was behind in preparing dinner so Caleb graciously hung around while I started prepping the food. Mom and Dad came shortly after and Mom did a lot to help chop the peppers and tomatoes. I made Tomatillo chicken which is a Mexican dish that involves a bit of work since you construct basically your own burrito. Jon likes anything Mexican-ish and Caleb seemed to like it - so that worked! It was nice to hang out with everyone. We moved down to the family room in the basement and looked at a map of NYC since Caleb is going up there tomorrow. Hopefully we helped him out and didn't confuse him more as we all seemed to have different opinions on where to park, how to get into the city, etc.
After our company left (Mom wanted to go get a new cell phone at Verizon before the store closed) Jon spent time preparing for his meeting tomorrow and I started addressing the Christmas card envelopes.
Sorry for a picture-less post!
No comments:
Post a Comment