At work Ellie was testing this fun basinet-style swing. It operates just like the swing we had at home for the past 3 months (Jon took it back today) but there's a basinet the baby lays in instead of a seat. Ellie seemed to be content. We stood around it and I gave my opinion (why do they need 6 speed settings? Does anyone really use numbers 1 through 3??) and Ellie flirted with the engineers by looking at them and smiling really big. Jon joined us even though he is not on the project.
Since we were in the office anyway they had us try out a napper Jon worked on in the past. It sets on a pack-n-play bassinet as well as removes and rocks on the floor. I really like the idea! Ellie was a bit large for the item but it was helpful to see where they needed improvements for larger babies. In case you care Ellie weighed in (with clothes and a wet diaper) at 12 lbs 6 oz and was 23 1/2 inches long.
Yesterday Grandma, who is recovering from pneumonia with Grandpa, asked me to come to lunch today along with Kelly. Since Ellie had woken up later than I expected from her morning nap and we arrived at Iron Mountains late we were late to Grandma's house. Kelly and Clark had just recently arrived and when I came in Grandpa told me I had just missed Clark walking in from the living room into the kitchen. Clark pretended to not know what Grandpa was talking about as he scooted around the kitchen. We ate lunch and then really got a show from Clark. That boy toddled all over the foyer and living room like a pro! It's uncanny. Ellie watched on in admiration until she became tired so I put her down to sleep on Grandma's bed.
Grandma had found out that I needed to stop by the church to prepare for the women's social so she asked me to leave Ellie at her house to nap. I put her down at 12:30 and went to church from 12:45 to 1:45. When I arrived back Ellie was still sleeping so I wrote a few thank you notes and brainstormed my grocery list. Ellie was still sleeping at 2:45 so I went out and talked to Grandma and Grandpa who had made their way to the living room. I had a piano lesson to teach at 3:30 so when she started stirring around 3:15 I got her up and fed her. Usually I take her along while I teach Brooke Stoltzfus but Grandma wanted me to leave her since I drop her off at their house for my next lesson at 4:15 anyway. I went and taught and came back and little Ellie had just started being a cranky booger so I fed her and took her home. I am so grateful to have Grandma and Grandpa so close by and always wanting to watch Ellie!
Arriving home at 5:45 I started boiling water, preheated the oven, and opened a jar of tomato sauce. Ellie was content in her carseat so I left her there while preparing our gourmet meal of ravioli with Texas Toast. Jon came home right as everything was ready so he took Ellie out of her seat and we ate dinner. Actually, Jon watched me scarf down my food before I grabbed Ellie, fed her, and put her to sleep. I was out the door by 6:15 and heading to church for the women's social. The flutes and clarinets ran though our two special numbers before I sang carols along with 7 or 8 other women at the front door to greet the women as the came in. Kathy Eberly and Sonia Barber spoke and Kelly, Elisha, and Katie sang a trio. I think the evening went rather well with over 100 women in attendance. Afterwards I texted Jon and found out that Ellie was sleeping so I stayed a bit longer to help clean up.
Jon reported that his time with Ellie went fairly well. She was a bit high maintenance but he eventually got her to sleep. At one point in the evening he changed her diaper and put her in a more comfortable outfit - a little Puma workout outfit Cat gave to her. It's hilarious! I love it. I'll take a picture of her in it tomorrow (she's sleeping now).
Ellieism:
Ellie was a little cranky when I was driving home from Grandma's and when we got inside I realized she had pulled her hat down over her eyes. No wonder!
I quickly took this picture while Jon's working. Nate Saint is directly to my left and the other engineer was behind Jon. I think they saw what I was doing. I didn't want to admit I wanted a picture for my blog...


Hahahahaha your comment about Jon putting her in a puma workout outfit totally got my funny bone. First off, wouldn't pajamas be more comfortable?! Second off, those workout outfits crack me up (Calla had a size six months one) ...as if babies are working out. Haha.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the social went well!!!! Yay!!! Can't wait to hear details!