Today we received the weather from Chicago with the forecast calling for 63 degree weather with sunshine. As a result I texted Mom and Kelly and set up a time to walk - 10:30. In the morning Jon made us iced-caramel coffees before heading to work: a wonderful way to start the week. After completing my Precepts and Bible Study (sense a pattern here?) I did the dishes then packed Ellie up. We arrived at Mimi's house and nursed before Clark and Kelly came ready to walk.
 |
| You'd never know it was 60 degrees by Mom's outfit... |
 |
| Tending to baby |
Mimi led the way pushing Ellie and I pushed Clark so that Kelly wouldn't get completely wiped out. We went through Summerfield and cut past the retirement quarters and through Mrs. Wynn's old property. Clark was relaxing with his legs crossed the entire time only making a comment here and there as we traveled along. Ellie lasted until Hopewell Manor where I put her in the Bjorn while we finished up. Tallying 2.65 miles Mimi offered to make us lunch as a reward. Ham and cheese sandwiches hit the spot and I was off to take tired little Ellie home.
Ellie took a nice 2 1/2 hour nap while I finished up a Christmas gift and put the living room back into order. The kitchen table was hard to find so I also spent some time clearing that off before doing some Christmas shopping online. Ellie woke up and I fed her then tried to keep her awake as I bathed her then showered and prepared for my piano student. She fell asleep at 4:40 which worked out perfectly for my 5:00 lesson since she slept the entire time.
 |
| Clean baby |
I ended up waking Ellie up while I transfered her to the car seat. Kelly had invited Jon and I over for dinner since she had a lot of ham balls that she made. Josh had to work late, which worked out perfectly since Jon was also caught up in finishing up a task at work until close to 6:30. Ellie and I drove separately from Jon and had some free time before the men came from work so we hung out with Kelly and Clark. Clark gave Ellie a high five but only when her fingers were extended. When she had her hand in a fist he just looked at it. Uh, that's not how you high five, Ellie.
 |
| Clark teaching Ellie the necessary skills for life. |
Clark went down for bed right as we started eating. Ellie had spent some time laying down in the loft but she didn't fall asleep so I brought her down and she sat in the bouncer seat while we ate.
After dinner Clark was upstairs talking and Josh wanted to see him so he brought him back down to join us. He was such a happy camper! I drank his milk and laughed a lot before heading back to bed right before Jon and I left to put Ellie to sleep. She was getting cranky, which was understandable since she had been awake over 2 hours.
Jon and I watched the Amazing Race episode for this week (go James & Jaymes!) and now Jon is apparently Christmas shopping on his cell phone. Whatever it takes.
Ellieisms:
I weighed Ellie after her bath and she was right around 12 pounds.
 |
| Happy baby! |
 |
| She's looks so long in her stripes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment