Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A New Car Seat

Tuesday morning Ellie and I laid low. We did the dishes, picked up here and there, and did some online shopping. After lunch Ellie took a nap and woke up in time to head out for teaching my piano lessons. I had three in a row in Elverson. Aunt Carol Hoke watched Ellie during Abby's and then I dropped her off at Grandma and Grandpa's for the second two. They said she was great and enjoyed hanging out in their walker with the toys on the tray.
I hung around for fifteen minutes after Grandma told me she had some extra fried potatoes I could take home for dinner. I will never turn down Grandma's fried potatoes!
Jon was home when we arrived so we ate dinner before Jon left for his mission's committee meeting. His meeting went until 11:30 so I kept busy watching a movie, cleaning the kitchen, and sewing the quilt. I will be able to actually quilt the thing when I grab a little more white fabric since I did some miss-cutting. Oops.
The quilt - I just need 5" strips up the sides and
the face will be complete.
Today Ellie and I were late to Precepts because Jon had a man come to check out our fireplace for the wood stove insert. Well, we weren't late because he set it up but because the man arrived early. I was loading the car when he drove up so I took him down to the basement and he made his measurements then waited for Jon outside since I had to run.
I told the nursery workers to come get me if they couldn't put Ellie down for a nap. Well, it didn't really work out because they didn't get me or put Ellie to sleep so when I picked her up her eyes were all red and puffy. I drove home and she had already fallen asleep so I grabbed my wallet and headed to the Flower and Craft Warehouse. She woke up when we were almost there and remained happy while I spent an hour moseying around. I bought a few things for fall, Christmas, and my fireplace mantle. It was fun.
Ellie fell asleep again on our way home so when we got home she ate and I put her down for a real nap. It worked out really well because she slept for two hours, I think. I continued quilting and vacuumed the house and picked up the living room. My afternoon piano lessons had cancelled so I only had my 6:00 lesson. Jon came home at 5:30 and we ate. My student came so Jon took Ellie outside and installed her new car seat. Jon is thrilled about it. It's a Chicco Nextfit (view it here) and apparently is the "best car seat out there." It was a gift from the company (Thank you, Kenny). As we sat down for the lesson some girls from the High Point youth group (I knew a few) stopped in and asked for something "bigger or better" than a pen. I gave them the extra food chopper thing I had received for my wedding (I had been given two) and I just saw on Facebook that they ended up with a twin bed and mattress. I wonder what they do with what they bring back.
Jon left for his prayer group after reading Ellie her Bible story and I went to Elverson for a run. Well, I tried to go for a run and failed. Mimi watched Ellie while I attempted to exercise. I have a 5K coming up on Saturday and I really felt my lack of physical exercise these past two weeks. Saturday may be painful.
When we came home Ellie went to bed and then Jon and I watched the latest episode of the Amazing Race. Now he's in bed because he is going into work early due to a project that needs to be sent somewhere or whatnot.
Update: the refrigerator was making weird sounds so I called Jon and he had to take everything out of the freezer, defrost some ice that had frozen near a fan, clean up the water, and restock the freezer. Apparently I saved us from having to buy a new part that would have broken. Jon saved me from having to clean out the freezer later this year. Thanks, Jon.

Ellieisms:

Ellie moves more in her crib when she is sleeping. Maybe she'll be moving more when she's awake, soon!
Exhibit A: she starts out laying on her belly with her head towards the top of the crib.
Ellie was particularly chatty today. And also whiney. She hasn't noticed when I leave her at Mimi's or nursery but she doesn't like me leaving her in the house. Maybe it's timing (tired or rested) so we'll see if it becomes worse. 
I think Ellie is teething. At least it would be nice to have a reason for her crankier state. 
Speaking of crankier state, Ellie has had a really hard time with her BMs. Poor girl is clogged up. 


When I was unloading my camera I found some pictures from last week: 


photo bomb!
As soon as Ellie was out, Jay was in.
Considering he hated this seat as a babe he seems to like it now... 
All three feeding Ellie (Jay wasn't half bad)
Cousins
Cousins in footsies
Posing
Going down hill

From our trip to the park
Eating a bagel

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics!!!!! Miss that Ellie-bell! That's so funny how much she moves in her sleep!

    ReplyDelete