Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Our Weekend

Saturday morning Jon left early (around 7:15) and ran to Lowe's before heading to his parents' house for breakfast and chopping down trees. Ellie must have known something was happening because she woke up at 7:30. Since she was ready to start the day I called Jon and asked if we could stop in and see everyone since I didn't really feel the desire to clean the house yet. He said come one over.
Pop-pop (Doug) had made pancakes and bacon for breakfast and set some aside for when I came. Pancakes are my favorite!
Tio Omar showing Ellie the woodpile
Nanna was off at a children's consignment sale looking for a new high chair for Ellie and any future grandchildren to use and Great-Grandma Mountz was still snoozing. We decided to hang around so they could see Ellie so I worked on my Precepts. Nana came home and Ellie broke in the new high chair. She gives it two thumbs up!
Lunch with Pop-pop
I put Ellie down for a nap and Nana said I could run some errands so I did just that. I came back almost an hour later and we were invited to stay for lunch. Great Grandma joined us and Ellie woke up shortly before we ate.
Ellie & Great Grandma
After lunch Jon continued cutting wood with the help of Ryan Frey. I went home and cleaned up the house and started preparing for our company. Jon came and helped me out since Ellie was acting a bit needy and would cry every time I put her down or, once she was content in a spot, when I left the room.
The Hanna's came at five o'clock for dinner. We had mashed potatoes, grilled pork chops, asparagus, and rolls. AmyBeth brought dessert: brownies and strawberries. They have a two year old daughter and a son two months younger than Ellie. They hung around until 9:30 before heading out. Jon and I worked together and had the dishes done in no time.

Sunday morning Jon spoiled me once again and made breakfast and got Ellie ready for church. I had second service "hall monitor" which basically means I sit in the hall and make sure nothing happens. Nothing does. We came home for lunch and Jon went and played soccer at 2:00. Ellie proceeded to take a three hour nap during which I worked on her quilt. I am probably halfway done at this point.
We went to prayer meeting at 6:00 and only one nursery worker showed up so I helped out. Only three kids were in there: Ellie, Clark, and Wyeth Estes. It was nice to hang out with the three of them and Mrs. Renninger.

Monday morning I went back to the gym after two weeks of missing my workouts due to the Brusts being in town, Ellie being sick, and then finally I was feeling a bit under the weather. It felt good to be back! Grandpa and Grandma watched Ellie and put her down for her nap for the first time. Since Ellie was sleeping I ran to Walmart for a few staples we had just finished: orange juice, creamer, bread, and bananas. I returned and Kelly and Clark arrived shortly after and Grandma made us all lunch. We stayed for a bit and Ellie and Clark showed off their moves.
Eating some of Grandma's applesauce
Ellie graciously took a monster nap over my two afternoon piano lessons and also left me some time to work on the quilt again. I then taught my third lesson from 5:00-5:30 and Jon came home afterwards.
We had a quick dinner and I put Ellie down for a nap while Jon chopped some wood. At 7:00 I headed over to the craft night at church and spent some time "crafting" with Mimi and a few other women from church. I came home around 9:30 and Jon had been working on prepping the fireplace. He has the intention of ordering a new wood-stove insert. If we use that to help heat the house in the winter time we could cut back tremendously on our oil use. That's what Jon says and he is very excited about the purchase. I'll have to post pictures once it comes. After he showed me what he had done and how big the insert will look we went to bed.

Ellieisms:
I forgot to fill in Ellie's stats last post! I'll fix that and also list them here:
Weight: 16lb 2oz (11%)
Height: 25 3/4" (28.8%)
Head circumference: 18"

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Ellie is a peanut! Emily is starting to get more high maintenance too, she gets sad when she can't see me. I hate to say it but I think the separation anxiety thing might be starting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie definitely has separation anxiety! Jay never went through that but I distinctively remember my girls bawling their eyes out when I left the room! The baby whisperer says its because they are too young to realize that you still exist even if you Are out of eyesight lol!

    Post a picture of your quilt!

    And way to be back at the gym!! I finally got back to the gym too. Swimsuit season is around the corner! YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete