Friday morning Ellie and I had a lot to do. We unpacked and ate breakfast. After showering and dressing for the day we ran out to Pottstown to T.J.Maxx since we needed to get a gift card and a small gift to wrap it up with for our wedding on Saturday. We also picked up a few other things including a new shirt and stockings and pillows (I really do not like my current pillow for my bed). We were back in Elverson by 11:30 since Grandma wanted us to come for lunch while her friend Jane was in town.
 |
| Ready to shop |
Kelly, Clark and Maya joined us for lunch and Grandma pulled out all the stops with sandwiches made to order and a delicious beef and vegetable soup. We hung around and chatted with Jane until Ellie was grumpy then we went home for her nap.
 |
| Ellie really seems to admire Clark |
While Ellie slept I cleaned up the kitchen and the living room. She woke up very cranky and Jon was going to come home early (since he had worked late the night before). Once he came home I ran off to Walmart for a few groceries then came back and made apple cake for small group. Then we dropped Ellie off at Nana's and Pop-pop's house before going to small group. We were back to pick her up by 9:30.
Saturday was a busy day. Before going to Walmart on Friday I realized that I had left my wallet at T.J. Maxx in Pottstown. Boo. We woke up and I cut Jon's hair then rushed off to grab my wallet. Once I returned I showered and prepared for our first event: Mrs. Frey's funeral. I lined up Calla Gibson to watch Ellie since she was babysitting her younger siblings at home and was up for the challenge of one more. Ellie seems to enjoy Calla and Calla sends me pictures, which is always fun!
 |
| Picture from Calla. Ellie looks like Jon here |
The funeral was a beautiful service. It was held at the Conestoga Community Church in Morgantown since our church was being used already. It was very well attended and definitely worth the time. Since we had a busy schedule we were unable to go through the line to greet the family or go to the reception afterwards.
On our way home I checked in with Calla and Ellie was behaving. We changed for our next event: Hannah Kurtz's wedding. We picked Ellie up from Gibson's and took her over to Nana and Pop-pop's house for the rest of the day. She knows her way around Nana's house now and goes straight for the toys then the TV on/off button. She prefers when it is on.
Jon and I arrived in plenty of time for the wedding. Jere Scott did a wonderful job on the ceremony and Hannah and John had a wedding party of twenty plus two junior bridesmaids, two flower girls, and a ring bearer. It was the largest wedding party I had ever experienced at our church. They had definitely but a lot of time and thought into the event because it was very pretty. But my favorite part was the reception.
 |
| Three years and four months ago was our wedding! |
The reception was held in a large barn out near Terre Hill (probably five minutes from the Iya's house). It was awesome and the decorations were spectacular. We sat at a table with people in our age range from church but it was a very casual feel and people were up and about mingling a lot. The ceremony started at 2:00 and the reception started at 4:30. By 8:30 we were feeling like old people and ready to head home and relieve Nana of her duties (Ellie had decided she didn't want to sleep except for a one hour nap). She was tired and went right to sleep.
 |
| Happily married |
Sunday morning I was supposed to be at church at 7:45. I pulled in at 7:58 - close enough. Dad was leading worship and we hadn't had the opportunity to practice on Saturday. Although we did not start at 7:45 the worship service went really well. We sat in the sermon during first service then Jon went to the Sunday School class that Daniel was teaching and I helped in Ellie's nursery. She was doing just fine until I arrived then she fussed unless she was sitting on my lap. This wouldn't have been a problem if another kid, Ellie's age, didn't also want to be on my lap but didn't want to share. They would sit and just push each other away, crying. Oh dear.
We invited the Iyas and Mom over for lunch (Dad was working). I made burritos. The company patiently waited as I prepared them and fried them up. Ellie slept during lunch and Mom and Corinne helped with the dishes afterwards. Jon invited Omar over and the three men played FIFA in the basement for the afternoon. Mom headed home for a nap and Corinne and I painted our fingernails.
The Iyas needed to be at church early for a rehearsal for Daniel. We followed behind afterwards a bit early since Jon was a leader for prayer meeting. We walked around Elverson (we had a Summerfield route) praying for the community. It was an interesting concept.
Following church we came home for leftovers, watched a show on TV in front of the fire, then went to bed.
Ellieisms:
Ellie walks a lot more than she crawls.
If you are interested in an easy, tasty burrito recipe here's the one I loosely followed: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/09/crispy-southwest-chicken-wraps.html
No comments:
Post a Comment