Friday, October 4, 2013

Ellie Makes Her First Phone Call

Tuesday morning Hunter came and spend the morning with us again. We spent time playing in the living room before heading outside once it warmed up. In the middle of the morning we headed over to the Geigertown train "museum" down the street to take a closer look at the trains. Hunter loves trains - he wears a hat like a railway man and knows all about Thomas and his friends. His first question was what the trains' names were in Geigertown. I told him we needed to name them, which did not excite him.
The gnats were very annoying so I peeled Hunter away from the trains and we headed home. We ate lunch and cleaned up the living room with the promise of watching a movie once we were picked up. At one point when I was eating lunch Ellie was playing with the telephone and I noticed on my phone (we have two sets) that it said "line in use" so I picked up and and said "hello" thinking it would go to Ellie and Jon responded. Apparently Ellie called him while she was messing around with the telephone. Jon didn't mind.
Dressed like orphan Annie
Hunter's dad ended up having an incident at work and Elisha needed to go to the hospital with him so I agreed to take Hunter home to stay with his grandfather. The main downer: Ellie had just fallen asleep and I had to teach piano lessons later that afternoon. If piano lessons hadn't been on the horizon, I would have woken her up. Instead I called Jon and he agreed to come home and work from home while I ran Hunter to Morgantown. It worked out (for me, at least).
I had my piano lessons and Jon picked up Ellie from Grandpa and Grandma's house. She had a good review and he started the spaghetti for dinner. Jon says that when Ellie sits in his car in her other car seat she sits extremely still and doesn't move a muscle, just shifts her eyes. She sat this way the entire way home - he feels really bad for her because she looks so emotionally uncomfortable (his words). Oh Ellie.
We ate dinner together then Ellie went to bed and Jon worked on his Sunday School lesson briefly before we went to bed.

Wednesday morning Ellie and I had Precepts at church. Once again she spent time with Aunt Corinne (no Uncle Daniel, though) for childcare. Corinne goes to BBs after study so I decided to go, too. Bad choice. An accident occurred at 11:00 a hundred yards past the BBs entrance and traffic was completely blocked and at a standstill. Corinne and I tried to cut past by going back roads but it wasn't happening. We parted ways and I took Ellie home to nap.
She slept until 3:00 when my piano student arrived. After the lesson we went to BBs for groceries and then made dinner. Jon took care of Ellie while I went to Bible Study at Brittany's house in Birdsboro. He said that she was very chatty at bedtime and would put her cup up near his mouth and smack her lips, pretending like he was drinking it. She talked and talked, telling Jon about her day, until he put her in bed.

Ellieisms:
Jon still loves how Ellie breathes really loud while squinting her nose when she's excited.
Today (Friday) Jon said to Ellie "let's go outside and play" and Ellie mimicked "play" back to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment