Thursday, October 17, 2013

An Auction & the Parade

Ellie woke up before Jon returned home from running this morning, which hardly ever happens. We ate breakfast together and after Jon left for work I started getting ready for the day. Ellie likes to play in the water as I shower and I keep it running a drizzle afterwards so she can play while I finish getting ready.
An Amish furniture store closed down in Morgantown and was auctioning off their merchandise so Ellie and I wanted to see what was being sold. I wish I had done some more research and of what they were selling because things were going for great deals. I felt so bad for Sam (Sam Stoltzfus was the Amish guy) because he had to be losing so much money.
Using her diaper bag as a pillow (this was five hours into the day)
Hanging out with Clark
Clark found a friend. 
We saw a few friends from church and texted others and Jon decided to join me for lunch since there were Amish folks with a food stand and chicken barbeque, which Jon can never deny. I showed him my purchases and then the Fentons showed up. After Jon left Kelly, Clark, Maya, Ellie and I spent an hour or so longer at the event before I had to rush off to teach a couple piano lessons.
Ellie slept for an hour over the piano lessons then when she woke up we went back to the auction. Sadly I had missed a large portion of the furniture that I was interested in but I suppose it wasn't meant to be. I dropped Ellie off at the Fenton's since Kelly offered to watch her while her kids slept. Ellie enjoyed playing with their play kitchen and stayed busy and obedient (or so was Kelly's report).
Jon and Omar met up with me at the store with Pop-pop's truck and they loaded up my goods. I bought some sausage sandwiches from the Amish stand and went home where we ate. Jon and Omar ran to Home Depot then came back for a few rounds of FIFA.

Tuesday morning Hunter came at 9:00. Ellie had woken up at 7:00 and was cranky so I laid her down after he arrived and after a few minutes alone Ellie came out happy and ready to play. Apparently the threat of a nap was all she needed to cheer up.
This baby loves to be outside!
Tuesday was pleasant weather so after we exhausted our toys inside we went outside for about an hour. We came in close to noon and had a snack before Elisha came and picked him up. Ellie was already napping when he left so I made lunch for myself (I had fed her lunch during our pre-lunch snack) then cleaned up and made dinner. She woke up and we got ready to go to Gibson's since Calla was watching Ellie since Grandpa and Grandma were in Wheaton.
Ellie helping me make dinner
Jon picked Ellie up after work and I picked Corinne up in Morgantown after my piano lessons. Jon had heated up the dinner and was soon off to his meeting at church. Corinne hung out with Ellie and I while Daniel was at Newcomers Class. Corinne had brought along some chocolate pudding for old times sake so we made that and slowly ate it (Corinne resisted the temptation to use a baby spoon). Ellie went down without protest around 8:00 and Daniel picked Corinne up shortly before 10:00. Jon's meeting ran late so he was home after 11:00.

Wednesday morning Ellie and I had Precepts at church. Well Ellie got to hang out with Corinne in childcare and Corinne said that Ellie was showing off and walking around here and there. She still doesn't walk although I know she can! After study I took her home and she napped. She woke up shortly before my piano lesson and boy was she in rare form! My students Mom always comes and her sister comes about three times a year and Ellie was showing off. First, she walked for them. Then she was talking almost the entire lesson (fortunately she's a quiet talker). Lastly she was trying to get the sister to put her up on the couch with her. What a stinker.
Following the lesson we drove out to Downingtown to pick up some music from a lady from church. When we came home I dressed Ellie up in her costume for the parade. The theme for the Halloween parade was cowboys so Ellie was a cowgirl. We ate a quick dinner of leftovers when Jon came home and headed towards Elverson.
We were the first to arrive at Nana and Pop-pop's house but soon Peter, Brittany, Amanda, her kids, and her sister and her kids showed up. The Bradshaws also joined our gang. Ellie's outfit was a bit confusing to Grandma Mountz since she looked like a boy, so Grandma asked a time or two if she was a boy or a girl. Ellie sat with Nana or Aunt Brittany the entire parade and her eyes never left the road. The parade lasted a little under an hour and after the last "float" Jon and I took Ellie up to the Office to see the Fentons, Iyas, Mimi & Pops, and other friends. Ellie hung out with Uncle Daniel and offered him her lollipop every few minutes. Very generous, Ellie. When we walked back to Nana's house Pop-pop had just arrived home from work (he teaches an evening class on Wednesdays) and they were about to eat some frozen pizza for dinner. They asked us to join them so we hung around until Ellie became cranky.
Sitting with Nana
Sitting with Aunt Brittany (Wyeth is the tiger)

Ellieisms: 
Ellie loves her shoes. When she comes across them she tries to put them on and becomes frustrated. 
On Wednesday I was taking pictures of Ellie and Jon and Ellie looked right at the camera and smiled. I think she's caught on to what's happening. 
Matching

No comments:

Post a Comment