Sunday, October 13, 2013

Apples and Autumn

Saturday morning Ellie and I slept in - it was glorious. I woke up and read the blogs until she woke up at 8:45. Jon was already working in the basement. We ate a big breakfast of eggs, bacon, and toast. Ellie and I then went to a yardsale, auction, then Lowes. She is a trooper and sat and watched kids play at the yardsale, rode in the backpack at the auction, and hung out in the cart in Lowes. A fun time was had until she kept trying to bite the cart then would hurt herself. Oh Ellie.
We went home and she perked right up. So I lugged her to Weaver's for some apples and lunch. Weaver's was a mad house! I had forgotten about their fall festivals. We bought apples, apple cider, and a wrap for our lunch. We ate and Ellie took a nap while Jon worked on his Sunday School lesson. I made apple crisp for dinner and when Ellie woke up I got ready for our dinner at Ryan and Tara's house.
Tara made a delicious fall spread of pumpkin soup (it was surprisingly delicious!), baked chicken salad, and a green salad. I brought the dessert, the apple crisp I made. Ellie showed off for Ryan and Tara by behaving really well. We brought a booster for on top of a chair and even pushed her to the living room to watch the football game. That didn't last long. Ryan and Tara have a dog, Zoey, who is very nice but very intimidating for little Ellie. She clung to us whenever she was nearby. By the end of the night Ellie was looking at Zoey and interacting with her cautiously. We really enjoyed our dinner at the Frey's house and we made our exit around 8:00. Nothing like having a baby cut a night short.

Sunday morning Jon woke up early and started reviewing his Sunday School lesson while I prepared for church. Ellie woke up right before I had to leave for worship practice so I put out a dress, stockings, and shoes for Jon and packed her bag. He remembered the baby for church but forgot her diaper bag, oh well.
His Sunday School lesson went well but Ellie had a hard time without her milk. I ended up taking a cup of water from the car that I found to Donna's and filling it up with milk and that helped calm her down (she never cries at church for no reason!). We went home and quickly changed into regular clothes and headed out to enjoy the beautiful fall day.
They were having fun, really.
Due to the ugly, rainy weather church cancelled our annual fall festival. Brittany and Peter asked if we wanted to go to the Apple Festival at Joanna Furnace. Ellie was behaving (sometimes she cries the entire drive home from church since she's tired) so we agreed to meet them right away. We arrived first and walked around seeing the historical sites and scouting out lunch options. When they showed up we bought lunch, ate, toured the area a bit more, then said goodbye before Ellie reported us for abuse. She was in bed by 3:30.
Our very own iron pig


Walking with Daddy

Omar came over at 4:30 and hung out with Jon while I napped until Ellie woke up. The boys hung out in the basement so after Ellie was bored upstairs we went downstairs and she hung out in Jon's lap. She figured out that the XBox controllers were fun so Jon gave her a controller void of the battery and she moved the little thumb joysticks around. I heated up leftover chili for dinner and we ate then they headed downstairs again. After Ellie went to bed the three of us watched an episode of Foyle's War since Omar has started watching the show with Doug and Donna.

Ellieisms:
Ellie refuses to walk when prompted. Today at Joanna Furnace she walked all around holding on to one of my fingers but as soon as I let go she would squat down. She does, however, take steps when nobody is obviously watching. She walks unaided on a as-needed basis.

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing that you can walking just holding one of Ellie's hands. Emy walks so slow that it is just too painful. She was walking between David and I and it took her ten steps to go about two feet.

    ReplyDelete