Hunter showed up at 9:00 and played with the trains and toys until Ellie woke up. Then I made pancakes for Ellie and I for breakfast and Hunter ate a few, too. It was a nice day outside (thought feeling more like fall!) so the three of us spent Hunter's last hour here playing in the driveway.
Ellie started out walking with her walker but went straight to the big kid riding toys and tried to play with the tricycle. I gave her a ride for a few minutes and when I stopped she was so angry! That baby knows what she wants.
![]() |
| Trying to be a big kid |
| Busy kids. |
Ellie napped while I rested (I had been awake with her for 2 1/2 hours and also didn't get the benefit of her sleeping in until 10:30). She woke up after a too-short nap and was cranky but refused to go back to sleep. We played then headed to Grandpa and Grandma's again.
Grandpa and Grandma's house must be a piece of Heaven for Ellie because she is always smiling when we pull in and she knows exactly where her toys are located. She grabs a toy then drags it back to Grandma's lap and plays and plays with two people doting on her. As I said, Heaven.
I came back after an hour and picked up Ellie then we went to Walmart for a few groceries. My next lessons had cancelled which allowed for me to attend my first gym class since before Corinne's wedding - it had been two months. It was brutal, let me tell you. I would much rather work out in the morning before I'm tired.
Ellie and I got home at 7:00 and Jon had dinner all warmed up (leftovers) and the kitchen cleaned up (no small feat). It was a wonderful surprise. We had our finance review night where Jon logs in all the receipts, see where we spent our money, then we review our progress. I cleaned the supper dishes and did a load of laundry.
Today was Carly's birthday! Happy Birthday, Aunt Carly! Carly always goes above and beyond to make it to special events and we really appreciate every 12 hour car ride she has done for us. We love when they come to visit! We hope you had a good birthday.
I have dozens of pictures of Carly's kids from my camera but hardly any of Carly with us. Sorry, Carly! I need to work on that.
| Visiting with Aunt Elsie |
| Holding the babies |
| When she came out to see Maya |
Ellie enjoying the Johnny Jumpup yesterday:


No comments:
Post a Comment