![]() |
| Chatting with Mimi |
Kelly had offered to watch Ellie while I taught my piano lesson this afternoon so she brought Clark over at 2:45. They hung out in the basement and Clark was walking around seeming very comfortable with his new skill. After the lesson I walked behind Clark as we went up the steps and when he arrived in the kitchen he pointed at the fan and started squawking. He didn't stop until I turned it on. Kelly put her mothering skills to use on Ellie and put her to sleep in the crib.
Since I had skipped the grocery store Kelly graciously offered to pick up a few items for me while she was at Walmart. I needed milk, chicken, and salad since I was planning on making a meal for a family in our church. I thanked her with a bit of our dinner since I had more than enough to split between us. I made the pork and peppers crockpot meal that Carly sent around several months ago - I love it. It's easy and always seems to turn out. I even threw a tomato and baby carrots in there and it was still good. Thanks, Carly!
Jon arrived home and we ate shortly after. Someone from church emailed and asked if they could switch dates for taking a meal to this family so I'm off the hook until next week. While Jon and I were sitting at the table after dinner Ellie was obviously working on filling her diaper. I was holding her and didn't think much of it until I got up to change her diaper. Ellie had something slimy on her pants and I looked and she had leaked all over her pants onto my shirt, pants, and jacket. Oh boy! I hollered for Jon's assistance and started the bath tub. Jon held Ellie up while I stripped her down and rinsed her legs off and my hands. That was definitely the biggest mess Ellie has made to date. She prefers to store things up inside and create a scene when we least expect it. I'm just glad we were home!
Ellie came along with me to Bible Study and I put her down to sleep at 7:35 in the cradle. She went sleep and only woke up once and wanted her pacifier. Upon being woken up to come home, she tried to stay asleep and then proclaimed her dissatisfaction with me the entire way home. Pops was at our house picking up the bassinet that Mimi lent us and discussing refinancing with Jon. Now Jon and I are hanging out in the basement enjoying the fire he built in the fireplace.
![]() |
| Somedays I don't know what color her eyes are. |
![]() |
| She's wearing a track suit from Cat |
![]() |
| She fell asleep in the car on the way to Brittany's. Apparently she doesn't mind sleeping like an old man on the beach. |




You are not letting a new baby slow you down, way to go!
ReplyDelete