Thursday, March 28, 2013

Catch up - Wednesday & Thursday

Wednesday morning I went to the gym and the childcare was packed due to schools being on spring break. The situation was great in Ellie's opinion because the childcare worker said she started grumbling after kids started leaving. She definitely enjoys watching action.
We went home after the class and Ellie took her nap. Since Jon and I have been busy when he is off of work recently we decided to meet up for lunch at AJ's. Sitting in the highchair like a big girl, Ellie took in the commotion of people coming and going. We were right by the window so she also could watch the cars go by.
gnawing on a crust
I considered going out and shopping but Ellie had taken a pathetic morning nap so I hoped she'd do better in the afternoon if we remained home. Contrary to my desires, she took a measly hour long nap. I spent some time in the afternoon working on her quilt without much progress. I had five piano lessons but one cancelled due to the mom being sick.
Jon came home in time for us to eat dinner before Dr. Kane arrived at six for his lesson. Then we parted ways at 6:30; Jon going to prayer group and I running Ellie to Mimi's before heading to Bible Study. Jon picked Ellie up from Mimi's after prayer and we met back at home. Basically Wednesday was uneventful.

Thursday morning I considered heading out shopping for something to wear for me and Jon on Easter. Instead I tried to be responsible and get things off my to do list done. I put Ellie on the floor in the living room to see if she'd have any inclination to crawl. She did belly-surf around a bit in order to grab toys next to her or behind her - not in front.
Then we started the list. We stopped by the church to make copies for the Good Friday service and check up on the women's retreat projects. Walmart was our next goal in order to gather everything for our weekend.
Jon had forgotten his lunch so we dropped it off at work on our way home. Ellie went right down for a nap while I emptied the groceries. I cleaned up the kitchen, sewed another square of the quilt, fed Ellie some of her food, and gave her a bath. We were hosting small group so I made some pound cake and sliced strawberries for dessert.
Jon had a late day at work so he walked in the door at 6:00, ate, and we caught up before our small group arrived at 6:30. Ellie went down for a third nap at 5:30 and must have confused it for night time because I had to wake her up at 7:00. It all worked out nicely, though, because I had to go to church for a Good Friday rehearsal. Sarah, from our small group, just entered her second trimester in her pregnancy so she and Paul (her husband) were put in charge of watching Ellie while Jon and I left.
I came back and Sarah held on to Ellie until she was cranky and I put her down to bed. Our small group stayed around until almost 10:00 then Jon and I watched the most recent episode of the Amazing Race.
We took more bunny pictures
Check out those fat rolls!



No comments:

Post a Comment