Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Recovering From Our Weekend

Monday morning Ellie graciously slept in until 8:45. Well, she woke up at 7:00 and ate but then went back to sleep for another almost two hours. It was a wonderful feeling! Due to her late wake-up time and our busy weekend, I decided to forego the gym and hang out at home instead. Grandma was disappointed until I told her that we would still drop in to say hello. She asked us over for lunch along with Kelly, Clark, and Mimi.
Over the course of the morning Ellie and I lounged around. I'm really not sure what we did - it was one of those kinds of mornings. Ellie did, however, roll over from her back to her belly.
She always manages to scoot sideways
We left the house at 10:30 so I could run some errands including stopping by the post office and running to the bank.
Arriving first at Grandma's Kelly and Clark came soon after us. Clark runs around the place like he owns it: closing all the doors and playing with the remote controls. Ellie was due for a nap so she went down before Mimi arrived and we ate lunch.
Grandma made chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese, and shoe fly pie. The pie was only an hour out of the oven when we ate it and it was delicious! She also had applesauce, cookies, and peanut butter eggs.
In the afternoon Ellie took a nice nap and I taught my piano lessons. It was a beautiful day (high of 55) so Jon took Ellie for a stroll around the yard while I prepared dinner. After dinner I had a meeting at Mom's house for the women's retreat and Jon put Ellie to bed.

Enjoying the warm weather
Telling Dad about our day
On Tuesday we had a lot of rain. It poured all morning and into the afternoon. Ellie was teething, I believe, since she was just unhappy. She would be fussy unless I was holding her. She took a brief morning nap and I gave her Motrin in the afternoon since I don't think the Tylenol was cutting it. She ended up taking a two hour nap before we had to head to Elverson for my piano lessons.
Grandma watched Ellie while I taught and she said she behaved very well. She drank a big bottle and was finishing it up when I came back. Jon was home when we came home so I heated up the chili from last night for dinner. Ellie ate peas and pears and went to bed after dinner. Jon scoured the tiles in the basement then I gave him a haircut.
Barcelona played A.C. Milan earlier this afternoon and it was being replayed at 8:00. Barcelona is Jon's favorite team so he called Peter up and they met at Doug and Donna's to watch the game. Apparently it was well worth the time because Barcelona won 4-0 and they had to win by at least three in order to move on in the tournament.

Ellie just woke up and I nursed her. I feel as though if she's not feeling well the least I can do is make sure her belly is full! Hopefully she sleeps through the rest of the night, though. 

I didn't take any pictures today but here are a few from Sunday:

Picking flowers 
Nana came when Poppop dropped off a load
of firewood.

1 comment:

  1. Awww I'm sorry e Ellie is getting teeth! I hope she feels better soon! (-: Well I'm not sorry she is getting teeth but I'm sorry she doesn't feel well.

    she looked so pretty on sunday for church! give her a squeeze for me!

    ReplyDelete