Friday morning I had arranged to go with Dorothy Bradshaw to the Reading Market since she had never been before. Our meeting time was set for 10:00 so I couldn't make it to my class at the gym. While my friends were here I wore a pair of boots that has one of the heels almost worn completely off. I suppose that the heel disfigurement caused me to walk funny because my foot has been sore for several days. Today (Saturday) it finally feels back to normal so I will hopefully return to my normal gym schedule.
I picked up fruit, vegetables, and meat at the various stands and we were home in under two hours. Ellie went down for a nap while I ate lunch and responded to some emails. When she woke up we went over to Mrs. Saint's house and I worked on my quilt. Mrs. Saint graciously instructed me while holding on to Ellie. Charlie, Ginner's dog, was hanging around and Ellie was entertained by her presence and even grabbed for her when she was nearby.
We went home before Ellie was due for her next nap. While she slept Jon came home and we decided to go pick up a piece of furniture I found on Craigslist and eat dinner at our favorite taco joint. The furniture will hold my craft supplies, cards, and whatnot. It's tall and skinny and will probably end up either in the laundry room or Ellie's closet (the side she doesn't use).
The taco joint was the busiest I have ever seen. Three other tables were occupied. We once again ordered the 10 tacos for $10 and had three leftover even with splitting the set. Afterwards we came home and watched the most recent episode of The Amazing Race. Ellie was wonderful the entire time we were gone.
Saturday was a busy day. Ellie did not sleep very well and was awake for a good hour from 3:30-4:30. I finally fed her and she went to sleep after a few more whimpers. The early morning meal held her off long enough that I was late for our first task. Jon left at 7:30 to meet up with our small group to help move Dave Culbert's parents. When Ellie woke up at 8:45 we went over to the new home and I helped paint the trim in the great room while Ellie hung out with the Culbert kids. Jon and the men brought a load of things over and Jon took Ellie home for her nap. I hung around and painted for another hour and a half.
While we were helping them move it began to snow. It was heavy enough that it laid on the grass but fortunately not on the roads. I drove home around lunch time and Ellie was sleeping. At 1:30 I went to Mom and Dad's for worship practice and Jon dropped Ellie off when she woke up since he had to go to Elverson to switch vehicles with Doug. Mom agreed to hold on to Ellie while I ran to Walmart for a few things and dropped off a book at Grandma and Grandpa's house. When I came back to Mom and Dad's everyone was watching Ben's basketball game so I watched it while Ellie nursed.
Upon arriving home I realized that I needed to kick it into high gear. The Halls were coming over at 5:00 for dinner and I was making dinner for Peter and Brittany (Peter just had knee surgery yesterday). I prepared Peter and Brittany's meal first then started on dessert. I made a pound cake and cut up strawberries. Jon helped out by cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, and taking dinner to Peter and Brittany. I jumped in the shower when he left and about five minutes later he was saying he was home. Peter and Brittany live ten minutes away so I was very confused. When Jon was loading the car with the meal he turned to the house to grab his phone and Doug and Donna pulled in the driveway. They had seen Jon and decided to say hello on their way to check in on Peter. Jon gave them the meal and his task was done. It was such a blessing because he would have been arriving home right at 5:00 when we were expecting our guests.
After cleaning up I put dinner together (Mom's oven roasted chicken recipe) and the guests arrived. While the dinner cooked I prepared the salad and cut the bread. The Halls were very gracious and said they usually eat dinner at 8:00 or so after Hunter's in bed. We ate at 6:15.
Ellie was a gem while they were here. She woke up at 6:00, sat in her high chair while we ate dinner, chowed down on some pears and sweet potatoes, then kicked around on the floor while we chatted in the basement after dessert. Hunter and Ellie were both getting tired at the same time so they left right as Ellie was falling apart. I fed her and put her right to sleep. Jon helped with the dishes so everything is all cleaned up and put away - a wonderful feeling.
Ellieisms:
Jon said that Ellie seemed very active today. She has become stable in her high chair and also has more control of her arms.
After I fed Ellie her pears and sweet potatoes she was becoming impatient in her seat so I gave her an apple slice. Whenever she dropped it she would complain until we gave it back to her. She knew exactly what she wanted!
Sorry, no pictures. I forgot my camera today and my cell phone memory is full.
No comments:
Post a Comment