Thursday morning Jon had a dentist appointment before work so Ellie and I had the house to ourselves. I was meeting up with Mrs. Saint to go fabric shopping at 9:00 so I had to hurry up after Ellie woke up later than I anticipated. Kelly graciously offered to watch Ellie so Mrs. Saint and I met in Morgantown.
During the three hours Ellie hung out at Fenton's she behaved like a textbook baby. Kelly said she drank her entire bottle (over six ounces!), burped, then went to sleep without complaint. At noon when I picked her up at noon and headed over to AJ's for a lunch date with Jon.
Ellie reached her two hour mark when we were at lunch so we hurried home to put her to bed. She is very predictable and becomes very cranky right on schedule. Following her nap we went to the Reading Market to purchase meat and produce.
The market is about thirty minutes away and due to my slow moving Ellie was very sad on our drive home. She finally fell asleep three miles from home although she woke up as I was emptying the car. After a bit of a struggle she went to sleep in her crib while I finished emptying the groceries and regrouped.
Kelly apparently was not sick of watching Ellie after having her all morning and agreed to have her during small group. Jon came home from work and we ate before leaving for Morgantown. Our group rotates homes and tonight we met in the development down the road from Fenton's so it was very convenient. Plus I know Ellie is in good hands. When we came back to pick her up I went upstairs and transfered her into her car seat. Ellie never stays asleep but instead as Kelly was giving her report on her behavior Ellie was watching Kelly and just smiling so big. She loves Aunt Kelly.
Friday mornings I usually go to the gym for my Body Pump class. This morning Ellie woke up at 7:00 which means that she would be ready for a nap right at 9:00, when I should be leaving for my class. Since the gym does not have a location for sleeping I decided to skip the gym today and let Ellie nap. Plus, I am meeting up with some small group girls to run tomorrow morning. That seemed pretty legitimate.
Instead I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and changed sheets. Ellie even spent some time "working" and tested out a new swing (which they call a "motion napper").
The kitchen was in desperate need for a good scrub down so I did that during Ellie's nap. After Ellie's first nap we went to Walmart since I had forgotten to buy chicken at the market yesterday. Oops. I was making a meal for a friend who started a part time job which has been more like full time lately and has been a bit overwhelmed by it all. I picked up a stromboli for Jon and I at the Market yesterday so I only had to make a meal for her family. We saw Kelly and Clark walking into Walmart which was fun and rarely occurs.
We made it home in time for Ellie to go down for her second nap and then I ate lunch. Since she has been fairly consistent in sleeping about an hour and a half I decided to go over to the post office to send a couple things before they close at 1:00. Yes, our post office closes at 1:00. It's lame. And it took almost thirty minutes to send two packages and one letter (granted one package was heading to Uganda). Next time I'm going to a different post office. It's just conveniently close to our house.
When Ellie woke up from her nap I changed her diaper on the floor and thought I saw a tooth. Now this has happened to me before so I was looking really close and then decided to just feel and lo and behold, Ellie cut her first tooth. It's her bottom right center tooth and it's sharp. I tried to take a picture but Ellie was getting it.
| Her finger is right on the new tooth |
After Ellie went down for a nap I did the dishes, folded the laundry, then Jon and I watched the first two episodes of the Amazing Race. Anybody else watching this season?
Ellieisms:
Ellie's face becomes super red when she's booing.
Ellie steals both spoons when I feed her. Every time I bring a new one to her mouth she drops whatever is in her hands and grabs it.
Jon saw a picture of Ellie tonight (the last one of her on this post) and thought it looked like he did as a baby. That's the first time he's said that so I thought I'd post some pictures of Ellie and us as babies. What do you think?
![]() |
| Jon at 6 months |
Our high chair pictures



Ellie's eyes look blue to me in the tooth picture. Also, is her hair growing in blonde?!
ReplyDelete