Between services I fed Ellie and put her down for a nap. Jon forgot to ask if she actually fell asleep (I left her when she was still awake but settled) but she was a happy girl when usually she is cranky after church. Jon was tired from Ellie's hour long late night episode so he took a nap right after lunch. Ellie sat in her high chair for over an hour gnawing on a pizza crust and some apple slices. I tried feeding her the sweet potatoes and bananas but they lost their appeal with the new treats.
| Teething on a Twizzler. Those crusts were almost gone after her hour long chomp-fest |
| Kisses from Daddy |
After breakfast I realized that Ellie woke up late enough that I could make it to the gym without her having a meltdown during my workout. It felt good to be back in my class after two weeks away. If Ellie is supposed to be sleeping during the first thirty minutes of the class I do not go since I don't think it's fair to Ellie or the childcare workers. Really I should go and just workout by myself after her nap but that hasn't happened yet.
We came home and ate lunch before cleaning up for my piano students. The Fabers came and Ellie slept through the first lesson. She then sat happily in the leaf by my feet during the second lesson. She took another nap since she was getting cranky but it didn't last long. Then the next two hours proved to be a sad time for her. Her nose has started to run so either she's getting sick or is teething because she was unhappy unless I was holding her. I thought she might want a nap but after three tries in the crib I gave up.
When Jon came home from work Ellie was getting very tired but I was holding her off. It was snowing but we had to go to the Estes' for dinner. Fortunately the roads were not too bad and we just took our times and didn't have any trouble. Ellie fell asleep on the ride and seemed refreshed for dinner. Katie made a delicious dinner and we really enjoyed our time out. Although Ellie was not on her best behavior she was decent. Wyeth is just two months and ten days older than Ellie so his army crawl and enthusiastic jumps in the johnny jumpup are a glimpse into our future!
We stayed out until 9:30 before heading home. Ellie randomly woke up (I had put her to bed in the packnplay upstairs) so we took the opportunity to leave. It was a lot of fun to be invited over to a new house! We had never been there before.
| Ready for some lunch |
| Check out that big head. |
Ellie has begun to say "dadadada." Jon acts like she's talking to him.
QUICK! Say mama to Ellie every chance you get! Everytime David is not around I am saying mama to her over and over. She hasn't said either yet but I'm hoping to win!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Ellie sat in a high chair for over an hour! I don't think any of my kids have ever set in a high chair that long for any purpose (eating or otherwise) hahaha. Way to go Ellie! Low-maintenance at its best!
ReplyDeletei need to know what mom said in the introduction to "he knows my name!"
Also, if it makes you feel any better, Jay wakes up two times a night. (well, i can't really count the second time he wakes up bc it's always been 6-7am which technically 99% of moms would just count as "he's up for the day" but it's dark enough these days that I just tell him it's "night night" time and lay him back down and get another hour out of him haha). When he wakes up in the middle of the night (usually in the 12am-1am hour), I just go in and lay him back down and he goes right back to sleep (and I stick his paci in). Soooo hopefully that doesn't happen to you and Katelyn when Emy and Ellie are 19 months old but I'm totally used to it and don't even think it's a big deal. HAHAHA. Maybe I am trying to be the person with the longest streak ever of not-sleeping-through-the-night. Anyway hope Ellie is back to her good sleeping ways soon!